AH Xone db4 mixer + video camera, to record high quality sound and video?

Default AH Xone db4 mixer + video camera, to record high quality sound and video?

Hi there guys, so as does the title state, how do I do that, and what are the options here?

Tech Guru

Record the DB4's Record output directly through USB connection to a computer. Record video separately, then join them together.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Record the DB4's Record output directly through USB connection to a computer. Record video separately, then join them together.
    I dont really wanna do that..

some cameras have audio input so u could plug in your mixer directly to your camera so it records audio straight from your mixer while it records video
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Guru

You'll be editing the video afterwards anyway, so joining audio is not a big deal. It's even possible to do in a DAW.

Cameras that record HD video and have line in might cost quite a lot compared to a decent webcam.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Relative has a good camera that records in HD, haven't really touched it just yet, so I have no idea about connections.

Quote Originally Posted by tothecloudd View Post
    some cameras have audio input so u could plug in your mixer directly to your camera so it records audio straight from your mixer while it records video
    Where you exactly plug it in the mixer?

I use a Logitech C920 HD webcam plugged into laptop via USB. My mixer (x1600) is also connected to laptop via USB.

Within the logitech recording software in the camera audio options I can select the x1600 soundcard as the audio device. Therefore it records video as normal with the audio coming directly from my mixer's internal soundcard.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to do the same thing with the DB4?

Not sure if the C920 is what you are after or whether you want something more substantial, but the quality is extremely high and I like being able to select my mixer soundcard as the audio source, meaning no splicing together of video & audio is needed.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

My idea is just to set up the camera a little bit higher, and leave it there, and upload it as full set, no cutting nothing what so ever, but there is still a little bit time left so I'm going to sort out something.