Controversial Traktor Scratch hack featured on DJTT blog - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 122
  1. #41
    Tech Guru Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your point being?
    The second hand market is getting those old certified mixers now, NI wouldn't see a profit from them unless TSP2 licenses were purchased purely for them.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

  2. #42
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    Your point is that only NI and Pioneer sell certified mixers, and it's ok to steal from them because they're successful?

    The Denon certified mixers are still current and available, as is the Xone 4D


    Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    I'm still not believing this, since there's no reason to just sell TP2 for the same price as TSP2 when the TSP2 kit includes timecode vinyl and CDs.
    That's the whole point of the thread. Believe it or not, TP2 and TSP2 are the same price. The cost of Scratch is contained in the Traktor sound card or certified mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB


  3. #43
    Tech Guru Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your point is that only NI and Pioneer sell certified mixers, and it's ok to steal from them because they're successful?

    The Denon certified mixers are still current and available, as is the Xone 4D
    No, I'm not saying steal from them because they are successful, but just because a handful of people are going to do this, doesn't mean the companies are going to go under. Fucking chill out. Jeeeeeeeeesus.

    Are you actually sore because you have a 900 and now you feel ripped off? What's your issue?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

  4. #44
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    I have no issue with what people do with their software/hardware, but trying to justify software piracy by saying "it's only a small amount of theft" is ridiculous.

    Do you see me making any personal arguments or any arguments not based on pure facts?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB


  5. #45
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston/Worcester
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    EDIT: this is a reply to manchild's post.

    Companies are NOT getting the shaft in my scenario. You only need a certified audio interface to LEGITiMATELY use Scratch Pro. If you have a DB2 (or any damn mixer), and you buy the A10, you're all set. NI is happy. That's the point of the A6 and A10: to allow you to use timecode with any mixer you like. The NI interface legitimately unlocks Scratch functionality. Certified mixers have a built in audio interface, so you wouldn't also buy an A6 or A10, and NI likely gets a piece of that action.

    Again, my scenario allows the use of the DB2 without my A10 being connected, but I have legally purchased Scratch functionality. Other mixers have nothing to do with this. The hack just saves me the hassle of always bringing the A10 with me if I want a simple, portable setup. At home (and bigger parties/events) I always use the A10 for the extra routing options.
    I get your point, I really do. I just don't see how you could, if you had a good moral compass, and read and understand what I wrote, can still justify your point. Yes "you" have bought a Traktor scratch package w/ soundcard and all, and yes "you" have the ability to legitimately use timecode with "your" DB2 anytime you want with a soundcard. "You" just don't want to have to set up the soundcard everytime, so "you" use the hack. No, I don't agree that's right, and I'm betting every company with a scratch certified mixer will agree with me. If "you" have the ability to use timecode anytime "you" want, without "your" soundcard, on your non-certified mixer, what appeal does a mixer with Scratch Certification have to "you"??........that's my point

  6. #46
    Tech Guru Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I have no issue with what people do with their hardware, but trying to justify software piracy by saying "it's only a small amount of theft" is ridiculous.
    That's not my point. These people are probably going to be in possession of a scratch sound card and a full scratch license anyway, it's purely for convenience.

    Of course the small amount out people that don't will be pirating, but do you really think there aren't people out there that got Traktor LE with their controller and used a cracked copy of Traktor to get the full version? This is already happening.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

  7. #47
    Tech Mentor Paka Ono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    That's the whole point of the thread. Believe it or not, TP2 and TSP2 are the same price. The cost of Scratch is contained in the Traktor sound card or certified mixer.
    It still doesn't make sense. Maybe Karlos can confirm? But why sell TP2, which is a crippled version of TSP2, and TSP2 that includes CDs and vinyl for the same price? Obviously people are going to just buy the TSP2 kit. Which means that NI makes less per sale than sales from TP2. I don't see anyone approving that business decision.

  8. #48
    Tech Guru Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    1,155
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

  9. #49
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    3,428
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB


  10. #50
    Tech Guru Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    They're both 89 on my screen.
    Whoops, my mistake. Yeah, both 89.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •