Controversial Traktor Scratch hack featured on DJTT blog - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    Which means that NI makes less per sale than sales from TP2.
    No they don't, because you bought a Traktor Certified mixer. Didn't you?

The TSP2 kit is the same price as TP2 for the convenience of those who actually did buy a certified mixer, whereas TP2 has the convenience of being an instant digital download.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    No they don't, because you bought a Traktor Certified mixer. Didn't you?

The TSP2 kit is the same price as TP2 for the convenience of those who actually did buy a certified mixer, whereas TP2 has the convenience of being an instant digital download.
    Mixer? No. Traktor sound card? yes. And like I said, I had registered my sound card enabling the upgrade option. I bought my kit a few years ago, so maybe things have changed.

The fact that the two options exist, means that NI has to differentiate between the users that have TSP2 optional products from those that don't. Digital download as an option does not seem enough of a perk to justify buying TP2 over the TSP2 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    It still doesn't make sense. Maybe Karlos can confirm? But why sell TP2, which is a crippled version of TSP2, and TSP2 that includes CDs and vinyl for the same price? Obviously people are going to just buy the TSP2 kit. Which means that NI makes less per sale than sales from TP2. I don't see anyone approving that business decision.
    TP 2 isn't a "crippled" version of TSP2 at all. Its a different version of the same product. TSP2 gives a specific functionality to specific users (turntable and CDJ users). TP2 provides exactly what a different set of specific users requires (specifically non-turntable and non-CDJ users). Why do people feel TSP2 is an upgrade?? I don't get it.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

So how many of you that oppose this have an iPhone or iPad? Have you ever jail-broken it?

Your argument is now null and void.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    So how many of you that oppose this have an iPhone or iPad? Have you ever jail-broken it?

Jailbreaking apple devices falls into the exact same category so my argument is fine.
    Last edited by kooper1980; 03-08-2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: oops! sounded aggressive so added a smiley!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Stop squabbling.

Do you think NI and DJTT would NOT have had this discussion before the blog article went up? NI and DJTT are pretty tight, y'know. If anything, I'm disappointed in DJTT for doing a 180 on this issue - worse than politicians!!!

There's reason DJTT have changed their stance on this issue. Don't forget - up until very recently, we were getting banned for just HINTING at cracks/hacks, etc...

Let's not speculate (plenty of that elsewhere on this very forum!), and let's not get each other all worked up over nothing.

Hackers gonna hack, fan-boys gonna fan.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Hackers gonna hack, fan-boys gonna fan, makar1 tries to be right
    Fixed that for ya

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if NI open up the whole Scratch thing provided you have purchased the Scratch License. Now that would shift the goal posts between them and Serato. Personally id love to use my RME Fireface UC as it sound way better than the NI or Pioneer offerings but I play every week I'd rather stick with the "right" gear for the moment.
    Last edited by frankle; 03-08-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post

Jailbreaking doesn't enable extra features that would otherwise be sold by Apple, nor does it allow the use of pirated software in itself.

It also does not "null and void" any arguments made by anyone... debates are made on facts, not personal behaviours.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I'd be surprised DJTT didn't get the all clear from NI over this article. Why would they burn their bridges over one article?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Maybe instead of DJTT saying 'here's a massive hack, go forth and convert your mixers evil minions!' they're just posting it up as more of an interest point that demonstrates some innovative thinking on the part of the consumer.

There's those of us on this forum who are DJ's/Geeks who love taking stuff apart and building bits and pieces in the pursuit of a hobby/job/lifestyle that we all share an interest in. And those of us who like collecting gear and making massive setups of all sorts of wizardry (and a million other levels of interest etc) The latter more than likely would have a legit certified mixer (if traktor is their thing anyway) and the former, if not in possession of one already might tinker about with a mixer they have.

Chill out guys, it's not going to end the world as we know it.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast