Controversial Traktor Scratch hack featured on DJTT blog - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Why not just give the option that once Traktor scratch is purchased and activated online legitimately (in tandem with an audio 4/6/8/10) that the software then allows for the use of any sound card for the purposes of DVS control. Discussions like this would then be a mute point and not a dark gray legal area.
    How would this work for people that buy certified mixers?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    The whole need to fiddle around with cables in a dark DJ box in order to activate software in the middle of a heaving club is just plain silly when you think about it. The more links in the chain, the more that can go wrong.
    You're not going to find any mixers with built-in audio interfaces in the club that aren't Pioneers anyway. The 62/92 are the only popular Xones.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

if this works by renaming the device as its detected by the software could you instead take a arduino board and make a usb in/out box that just renames you usb device prior to the connection to you computers usb port and then have it work with everything ?

I couldn't believe that article was uploaded LOL.. but has anyone tried changing the device name (driver name) in the settings of a mac to something that is supported by tsp? It's probably easier than using a HEX editor.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You're not going to find any mixers with built-in audio interfaces in the club that aren't Pioneers anyway. The 62/92 are the only popular Xones.
    As the DJM900SRT makes it's way into clubs this work around might be useful, native Serato and hacked Traktor ... I bet Pioneer are kicking themselves for only putting 1 USB on it because 2 would have made it perfect for seamless changeovers.

Anyhow long weekend here in Melbourne so might try the DB2 and RME Fireface UC for shits'n'giggles now that my Friday and Saturday residencies are out of the way ... And I've setup my Nexo Alpha-E for Paul van Dyk's Future Music Festival after party at Palace (Metro) as his foldback!

Sorry for the blatant name drop but it's hard to keep that one to myself
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Do I miss something or has the article been removed from the blog? Then why give this explanation first ?

Quote Originally Posted by djspacecamp View Post
    A few words from me on the subject:

At DJTT doesn't endorse piracy. Hacking around the 30-day trial isn't the same as opening up hardware compatibility. If you already own a legitimate copy of the software and you modify it, you're breaking the EULA, but you're not pirating the software.

I would like to see more open hardware compatibility. Remember when the Remix Decks were locked out to everyone except people who bought a Kontrol F1? And then how users created their own solutions for hacking around it? That was awesome. Instead of being destructive and just hating on NI, or switching to a different software, people made their own path to get the setup they wanted.

Finally, it's worth noting that the mods were not aware that this post was going to be made. They have their own set of rules on what topics are allowed on the forums.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    I see thanks, but they hide it a bit then, because i think comment wise it should be up with the popular reads.

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

A few words from me on the subject:

At DJTT doesn't endorse piracy. Hacking around the 30-day trial isn't the same as opening up hardware compatibility. If you already own a legitimate copy of the software and you modify it, you're breaking the EULA, but you're not pirating the software.

I would like to see more open hardware compatibility. Remember when the Remix Decks were locked out to everyone except people who bought a Kontrol F1? And then how users created their own solutions for hacking around it? That was awesome. Instead of being destructive and just hating on NI, or switching to a different software, people made their own path to get the setup they wanted.

Finally, it's worth noting that the mods were not aware that this post was going to be made. They have their own set of rules on what topics are allowed on the forums.
    Well, there's disagreement amongst the mods here, then. Karlos posted his view on the subject in the NI forum, and he definitely doesn't share your attitude. I think he used the word "disappointed" in reference to DJTT's hack post.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Well, there's disagreement amongst the mods here, then. Karlos posted his view on the subject in the NI forum, and he definitely doesn't share your attitude. I think he used the word "disappointed" in reference to DJTT's hack post.
    Always love a little bit of soulsearching. So if the mods have different rules here, then karlos could ban djspacecamp.

Hacking around the 30-day trial isn't the same as opening up hardware compatibility.
    obviously not. but that doesn't tell us anything.

If you already own a legitimate copy of the software and you modify it, you're breaking the EULA, but you're not pirating the software.
    so? pirating is wrong but it doesn't follow breaking the EULA is right. breaking the EULA means breaking a private contract the user has with NI.

now, one can disagree with some aspects of EULAs (just as one can disagree with certain aspects of copyright law). but to the extent EULA clauses are lawful and enforceable, I think it's wrong to break them.

Finally, it's worth noting that the mods were not aware that this post was going to be made. They have their own set of rules on what topics are allowed on the forums.[/QUOTE]

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast