Controversial Traktor Scratch hack featured on DJTT blog - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your point being?
    The second hand market is getting those old certified mixers now, NI wouldn't see a profit from them unless TSP2 licenses were purchased purely for them.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

Your point is that only NI and Pioneer sell certified mixers, and it's ok to steal from them because they're successful?

The Denon certified mixers are still current and available, as is the Xone 4D

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    I'm still not believing this, since there's no reason to just sell TP2 for the same price as TSP2 when the TSP2 kit includes timecode vinyl and CDs.
    That's the whole point of the thread. Believe it or not, TP2 and TSP2 are the same price. The cost of Scratch is contained in the Traktor sound card or certified mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Your point is that only NI and Pioneer sell certified mixers, and it's ok to steal from them because they're successful?

The Denon certified mixers are still current and available, as is the Xone 4D
    No, I'm not saying steal from them because they are successful, but just because a handful of people are going to do this, doesn't mean the companies are going to go under. Fucking chill out. Jeeeeeeeeesus.

Are you actually sore because you have a 900 and now you feel ripped off? What's your issue?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

I have no issue with what people do with their software/hardware, but trying to justify software piracy by saying "it's only a small amount of theft" is ridiculous.

Do you see me making any personal arguments or any arguments not based on pure facts?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    EDIT: this is a reply to manchild's post.

Companies are NOT getting the shaft in my scenario. You only need a certified audio interface to LEGITiMATELY use Scratch Pro. If you have a DB2 (or any damn mixer), and you buy the A10, you're all set. NI is happy. That's the point of the A6 and A10: to allow you to use timecode with any mixer you like. The NI interface legitimately unlocks Scratch functionality. Certified mixers have a built in audio interface, so you wouldn't also buy an A6 or A10, and NI likely gets a piece of that action.

Again, my scenario allows the use of the DB2 without my A10 being connected, but I have legally purchased Scratch functionality. Other mixers have nothing to do with this. The hack just saves me the hassle of always bringing the A10 with me if I want a simple, portable setup. At home (and bigger parties/events) I always use the A10 for the extra routing options.
    I get your point, I really do. I just don't see how you could, if you had a good moral compass, and read and understand what I wrote, can still justify your point. Yes "you" have bought a Traktor scratch package w/ soundcard and all, and yes "you" have the ability to legitimately use timecode with "your" DB2 anytime you want with a soundcard. "You" just don't want to have to set up the soundcard everytime, so "you" use the hack. No, I don't agree that's right, and I'm betting every company with a scratch certified mixer will agree with me. If "you" have the ability to use timecode anytime "you" want, without "your" soundcard, on your non-certified mixer, what appeal does a mixer with Scratch Certification have to "you"??........that's my point

I have no issue with what people do with their hardware, but trying to justify software piracy by saying "it's only a small amount of theft" is ridiculous.
    That's not my point. These people are probably going to be in possession of a scratch sound card and a full scratch license anyway, it's purely for convenience.

Of course the small amount out people that don't will be pirating, but do you really think there aren't people out there that got Traktor LE with their controller and used a cracked copy of Traktor to get the full version? This is already happening.

That's the whole point of the thread. Believe it or not, TP2 and TSP2 are the same price. The cost of Scratch is contained in the Traktor sound card or certified mixer.
    It still doesn't make sense. Maybe Karlos can confirm? But why sell TP2, which is a crippled version of TSP2, and TSP2 that includes CDs and vinyl for the same price? Obviously people are going to just buy the TSP2 kit. Which means that NI makes less per sale than sales from TP2. I don't see anyone approving that business decision.

Tech Guru

They're both £89 on my screen.

They're both £89 on my screen.
    Whoops, my mistake. Yeah, both £89.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast