The Nicer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nicer

Default The Nicer

This mapping helps to create slicer-like effects using Traktor + computer keyboard.

The Nicer Mk2

This version of the mapping uses loops instead of Beatmasher to create the effect.
    Watch the vid and download from the mapping forum.

Last edited by Raycotek; 04-05-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: mapping update
    Twitter
    Denon MC3000 + MidiFighter Classic

Video added...

Twitter

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nice one! So you have figured adding a deck duplicate to create a slicer effect - I also have a slicer effect in works that takes advantage of a secondary deck to create this kind of slicer but without the hotcues, instead I'm using the beatjumps.

Perhaps the flux mode can help you jam the hotcues in a primary deck?

Cheers! I'm not sure how you're using beatjumps. Are you using additional midi software?
    I reckon it's possible to use flux mode for hotcue jamming with a default mapping but I want to hold that 8 count loop at the same time.
    Twitter

Yes, I'm using just a virtual midi cable to make traktor read the outputs but it's the most complex thing I've ever created so far. Too many things going on to easily explain it... The trick is to have a secondary deck playing a track for 8 beats in front of a primary track to create a sort of a buffer so I can layer a beatjumps and loops on top of a primary deck.

Yeah I can imagine things getting pretty tricky there! How is it in use? Can you use it on the fly?
    Now I'm thinking the remix decks might do the job of a duplicate track. Will take a look at that next.
    Twitter

It's one of my BASE mappings that I never get time to finish. I'm using the same concept with volume faders except for I'm using midi to send value of the primary deck output knob to the input of the secondary deck knob, so that way volume is always equal where it was right before the loop was engaged. Cool thing about this slicer is that I can use a pad velocity (CC) to control the loop size, this actually should be optional (size, fx, EQ).

It does work on the fly but I need to test on a faster computer. Sometimes Traktor can't process all data.

Remix deck is also good idea. That's where I'm having troubles with a 'slot copy from slot' command... If that command worked I would have had a working one mapping for Spectra.

I like your volume control solution. If I were mapping this to a controller, instead of keyboard, I think I'd have Deck C volume & gain mapped to Deck A knob. Then find another way to disable Deck A's audio when jamming.

I've just started a remix deck version. The responsiveness is fantastic - way better than the main deck. But I'm having trouble with slot size adjustment. So far the results are kinda unpredictable/inconsistent.
    Twitter

Can you get the "Slot Copy from Slot' command to work?

Yes but only on the top row of slots. Button Options/Set to Value is the slot you want to copy and Assignment is the destination. Button Options/Set to Value: 8 - 11 are Deck C Slot 1 - 4 and Button Options/Set to Value: 12 - 15 are Deck D Slot 1 - 4. I haven't tried the other values for Button Options/Set to Value but I presume they refer to Deck A & B. Seems to work okay.
    Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast