[House] Cecil - artfuldivision show on Deepvibes radio
    Tech Guru

Default Cecil - artfuldivision show on Deepvibes radio

Here's my half of our artfuldivision show we host every first Thursday of every month on Deepvibes radio 6:00pm - 8:00pm GMT. We play what ever is doing it for us in the House and Techno world.

My hour of vinyl, spanning from new age house sounds, travelling through the deep, to some dirty acid leanings.

Now I'm not going to post a complete tracklist, but will post the labels in order (gives you something to hunt for if you like the tracks)

1. Rough House Rosie
    2. Mood Hut
    3. Peoples Potential Unlimited
    4. Future Times
    5. Sound Signature
    6. Mister Saturday Night
    7. Nous
    8. Dixon Avenue Basement Jams
    9. City Fly
    10. Science Fiction Recordings
    11.Popcorn Records
    12. Apron

Some of my favourite labels at the moment featured in this, from local Leicester lads City Fly, to the relatively new Mood Hut from Canada, German super deep label Rough House Rosie, Scotland's very own Dixon Avenue, and not forgetting new Greek label Nous. There's a lot of very good House music coming out at the moment on some very good labels, and the tracks featured are just a fraction of whats out now.

So get it on the download, listen loud and....

Hope you enjoy.

Link to radio show: http://www.deepvibes.co.uk/tempsite/index.php
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Looking forward to hearing it and checking out some of those labels. You're not helping my vinyl addiction. There's actually a vinyl exchange as part of the Techno festival this weekend in town. I'm hoping to leave there relatively unscathed.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Looking forward to hearing it and checking out some of those labels. You're not helping my vinyl addiction. There's actually a vinyl exchange as part of the Techno festival this weekend in town. I'm hoping to leave there relatively unscathed.
    haha I do apologise, just thought I'd share it.

Yeah have to say labels featured are putting out some quality stuff at the moment, think particular favourite is Mood Hut at the moment.

Let me know what you think when you've given it a blast.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

No need to apologize brutha!

That was really good my man. Great flow and now I have to check out a couple of labels. It's funny, I've probably previewed 3/4 of what you played in that set, but never found it worthwhile to pursue. I will however be looking for those Rough House Rosie and Dixon Avenue Basement Jams tunes. Was perusing the charts at Juno and noticed a Cecil having played one of the records, and indeed it's you. Should make my digging easier.

Very nice set. Loved it!
    Last edited by ImNotDedYet; 03-10-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad