Thoughts on Audio Technica AT-LP120 usb turntable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Thoughts on Audio Technica AT-LP120 usb turntable?

what are people opinions on this turntable? is it anything close to the technics 1200?
    pros/cons, base this on a dj setting.

I've played on em a few times already. I dig em. You can't apply as much pressure on the platter as you can technics and it doesn't have as quick of a startup time but for mixingits an amazing TT.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I ordered a set a few months ago and have had no problems. I agree, you cannot put as much pressure on the platter, the drive is not as strong, but they are great. Very comparable...I almost like the pitch slider more...The only thing I don't like is the tone arm retention clip. I am paranoid it will snap, but no problems as of yet!

Also, the tone arm weight seems like an after thought, no problems at all though.

Own one. Could be a good turntable if i could figure out why the hell I'm getting no sound what so ever out of the right channel. Ive opened the unit up a couple times and everything looks normal. replaced the stylus twice with the same issue. Tonearm is balanced properly. so on and so on. anybody have any ideas?
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Have you tried licking the connections on your headshell?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

funny you say your worried about the retention clip from the tone arm, i have one at-lp120 that i use for listening to records and first thing out of the box i pulled the tone arm out of the clip and it snapped instantly.. bad start but definitely be careful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Have you tried licking the connections on your headshell?

Not a good thing to do. It will corrode the contacts. It causes oxidation and can potentially or eventually make the signal worse if this method is used excessively. For cleaning and so on you should use a chemical cleaner or deoxidizer like DeoxIT. Not saying this will resolve your particular issue, but refrain from using the method mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    Own one. Could be a good turntable if i could figure out why the hell I'm getting no sound what so ever out of the right channel. Ive opened the unit up a couple times and everything looks normal. replaced the stylus twice with the same issue. Tonearm is balanced properly. so on and so on. anybody have any ideas?
    Is this happening through DVS or just straight vinyl? Try cleaning the inside of the contacts. Use a q-tip with either alcohol or sometimes even polishing the contacts with a metal polish can help if it's a tonearm issue. Could also potentially be a bad RCA, but I believe those are detachable on that model, correct? Which would lead me to think that's it the contacts in the tone arm. Use a dry q-tip to remove the dust first. Try not to apply any pressure on the pins.

Quote Originally Posted by gioalexnyc View Post
    Is this happening through DVS or just straight vinyl? Try cleaning the inside of the contacts. Use a q-tip with either alcohol or sometimes even polishing the contacts with a metal polish can help if it's a tonearm issue. Could also potentially be a bad RCA, but I believe those are detachable on that model, correct? Which would lead me to think that's it the contacts in the tone arm. Use a dry q-tip to remove the dust first. Try not to apply any pressure on the pins.
    Just straight vinyl so far. haven't bothered trying timecode with it because of this issue. The RCAs are not removable. When talking to the people at Audio Technica, they told me to use something to press the pins in the tonearm to make sure they are not stuck, did that, they seem to be normal. I have some deoxit contact cleaner laying around, might have to try that.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Hahaha Aidz, what a guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast