S4 + Extra aggregated sound card for FX Return?
    Tech Wizard

Default S4 + Extra aggregated sound card for FX Return?

I've done quite a bit of forum digging but can't find a clear answer.

I wondered if it's possible to aggregate a secondary sound card with the S4 and route the send/return through that unit to use send effects in Traktor Pro ... without using the S4 in midi mode.

Your probably better off routing your sound through Ableton from traktor. they your can change the sound routing on the fly in ableton to effect a single or multiple channels with a send.

The problem you may have though is latency as you will have latency playing the sound from the computer through the effect unit, then more latency playing the effect output into a line in channel on the computer, then even more latency playing back through the master, Although anthing under 20ms should be unperceivable so it could work with a good computer.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Traktor can act as a Send Return unit itself, but you can't use other Send/Return unit devices with Traktor.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Your probably better off routing your sound through Ableton from traktor. they your can change the sound routing on the fly in ableton to effect a single or multiple channels with a send.
    That's what I've been messing about with. Only problem then is loosing the channel faders really...

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Traktor can act as a Send Return unit itself, but you can't use other Send/Return unit devices with Traktor.
    Ahhhh... seems I misunderstood how those worked. I had it in my head they were the other way around for some reason! Thanks for clearing that up. Seems what I had in mind isn't really possible.

Thanks for the input!

you can use a midi interceptor program to send the channel faders and eq midi to Ableton and the rest to traktor.. but it's a big job to do if your new to the midi router software. bome's is a good one to use. The only guy I know who did it was Zestoi, but he was a genius and hasn't been on here for a long while, although he has probably made a thread on here about setting it up.

www.bome.com/products/miditranslator‎
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    you can use a midi interceptor program to send the channel faders and eq midi to Ableton and the rest to traktor.. but it's a big job to do if your new to the midi router software. bome's is a good one to use. The only guy I know who did it was Zestoi, but he was a genius and hasn't been on here for a long while, although he has probably made a thread on here about setting it up.

www.bome.com/products/miditranslator‎
    Oh such an excellent shout! I didn't even think of Bomes! I'm actually quite familiar with it. I spent a long time making an APC40 hold-fx/beatmasher mapping with Bomes for Ableton before I started mixing with Traktor. I will check that out!