DVS Timecode for any soundcard?

Default DVS Timecode for any soundcard?

Hi,

I have recently moved from a controller setup to a forming dvs setup. I have turntables and a mixer, but i dont want to have to spend 200+ on a new soundcard for traktor as I already have a perfectly good soundcard which i use for producing. (Its an Echo AudioFire 4 if thats any help) Can i change the executable file in the traktor folder (Mac OS X) using a hex editor to eliminate having to buy a traktor soundcard as well? Ive seen videos on how to do it with a Xone DB4 but i dont know if this works with this specific soundcard or any other one. Im also planning on buying a Focusrite 2i4 to replace the Echo if its not possible with that one.

Cheers guys

Tech Guru

Your sound card doesn't have the correct inputs (phono level).
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Welcome.

Instead of spending £150 on the Focusrite and using a cracked and hacked copy if Traktor Scratch Pro.
    Why don't you save the £150, sell the Echo and use the money buy the Traktor Audio 6 that comes with Traktor Scratch Pro and all the required components at £250 and do it the legal way instead of being a cheat.

A little thought, effort and bit more money will get you a quality setup instead of a cracked, dodgy setup.

Food for thought.

Karlos nailed it. Sell the Echo and get an A6.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Some of the DVS software can work with any soundcard. And you can get by without a phono preamp if the software allows it and the soundcard is good quality, which yours will be.

If you're adventurous you could try the open-source DVS on Linux (it's free), called xwax.