Can't choose a soundcard for a "DJ Setup" (Traktor + NI X1) - (Currently on Xone 4D)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't choose a soundcard for a "DJ Setup" (Traktor + NI X1) - (Currently on Xone 4D)

Hi everyone,

I am currently playing on Traktor with a Xone 4D which is amazing but I would like to buy some kind of "more portable" kit when I gotta travel to play at some gigs.

I already made a choice about the controller which will be Native Instruments X1, as I want to work on Traktor and this controller is natively ready for it!

My problem is that I can't choose a soundcard. I only need a soundcard for a DJ Setup, not to use in my studio. (I am more a producer than a DJ, my studio is full and good enough for my needs! ^^)

I know there have been plenty of threads about this; but as technology evolves quite quickly, I couldn't find anything recent enough to give the correct answer.

I need something with a great sound quality as I will be playing in big clubs/gigs and it needs to be able to handle it totally correctly (some friends using an AUDIO 6 Soundcard told me they are facing issues with timecode when they are on 24bit/96khz).

I do not plan to use timecode in a first time, but it could evolve in a few months, so I need something which is ready for this kind of utilisation.

I need 4 IN and 4 OUT (3 IN and 3 OUT could be enough too) and a soundcard that is perfectly working with Traktor.

My budget is 200€/250$ (can be a little bit expanded but I would like to keep it low).

I hope you guys can help me !

Thank you anyway for reading me

Cheeers!

i think you would do better swapping ur Xone for the S4 mk2 if you wanted to go that route.

Small bump!

Tech Mentor

You are very detailed in what you want and as you would like to maybe upgrade to timecode then you need a Traktor certified sound card, NI Audio 6 sounds perfect for you.

Also unless you are playing 24bit/96khz files, which I doubt(Does anybody?) there is no need to be using that setting for djing, that is more a setting for using the soundcard in the studio
    Last edited by Jeff Scott; 03-23-2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Tech Mentor

You won't get anything in that price range, with that many ins and outs, which equals the sound quality of the A6, in my opinion.

I've been absolutely delighted with mine.

Tech Wizard

Maybe have a look at options from Focusrite or MOTU. Focusrite has the Scarlet 6i6 which has 2 line/mic and 2 line IN and 4 analog OUT. Or the MOTU Audio express which has the same amount of analog i/o.. The Focusrite goes for 239 euros and the MOTU 379 euros in the Netherlands. Don't know the prices overseas, but you can consider second hand?

Tech Guru

The 6i6 only has 2 stereo outputs, and the OP wanted 3 or 4.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The 6i6 only has 2 stereo outputs, and the OP wanted 3 or 4.
    Normally one specifies the number of in/out-puts per mono channel, or mention stereo.. Off course mono channels are not often used by DJ's, but producers like Li000 could have good use for mono channels right? I don't think you'll find many decent audio interfaces with more than 4 analog channels for less than 200 euro's?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    i think you would do better swapping ur Xone for the S4 mk2 if you wanted to go that route.
    100% this...

I personally use a S4 and love it. Controllers are the equivalent to an all-in-one computer (or laptop I suppose ) in that you don't need to lug around multiple pieces to get the same job done. The soundcard gives plenty of coverage with sample rates up to 96Khz, which I don't think you would be playing at anyway, and has additional inputs that you can set to a specific deck if you wanted to add something on a live input like a microphone, instrument or dare I say actual vinyl turntable. The more complex you make your rig, especially when there are more straight forward options out there, the more hassle it will be when you are going to set up for your super big club shows/gigs.

Remember, a lot of places have their own equipment on deck, and usually not Traktor, so having the easiest rig to plug right into the clubs main mixer is definitely favorable.

who has the record for the biggest thread revive? 4 years is a good one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast