Hey Folks,

I have a question that is harressing me lately. Did I actually layout well the devices in my studio, in the best possible way,... given my setup?

Context. Here is my setup:

HP EVNY dv7 (Windows Laptop Win7 (forced no-upgrade to win8) - 2TB, Core i7, 16GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Maschine Studio 2.0 Black
Traktor S4
Numark tt500
Kurzweil SP4-7
Sennheiser Microphone
SONY AMPLIFIER
eltax 250 KW Towers (Subwoofer not wired)

Historically I have been using FL Studio extensively, but now that I added Maschine to the setup, I picked Maschine Studio to quickly write down Ideas. I'm really lazy importing everything piece by piece in FL Studio. And this is where I get stuck in the flow. In theory, I would be amazing to use Maschine to control your DAW AND the VSTi PLUGIN in say FL STUDIO at the same time. Then again, traktor s4 on Windows is buggy, and clicks and pops so cannot use it as main core soundcard when composing. Also, on a Traktor S4 when you plugin a turntable, you cannot use the mic. I would want to use Maschine Effects on my Voice (ie The Mouth), while using the piano as well. Keeping going...I could think of other similar circomstances where you need it ...all! So the idea is, what's the best way of setting up your gear, to get every of those opportunity of creativity or instrument mixes immediately when you need it? Is this only a question of mapping your devices, or careful thinking?

VJ