buzzing when I move my crossfader and volume
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default buzzing when I move my crossfader and volume

its so annoying especially when recording a mix aint got a clue what the problem is. my setup is with traktor and turntables amp mixer speakers what could be the problem ???????????????????????

Tech Mentor

sounds like it could be a grounding issue on your mixer if it happens to both xfader and channel faders

Tech Mentor

yes it does when im mixing it in and putting volume up it will buz while im moving it how can i fix this ? thanks

Tech Mentor

i cant help with that but there are guys on the forum with knowledge of ground loops issue fixes so im sure someone with be able to help you out

Tech Mentor

will a di box sort it ?

Does it buzz when music's not playing? If it does then it's a grounding issue. If it doesnt then its proabably a hardware issue
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Tech Mentor

If anyone had this problem abit of wd40 fixed this

Quote Originally Posted by Raver Ste View Post
    If anyone had this problem abit of wd40 fixed this
    I would never use WD40 on a fader!! Get something like Deoxit instead that is meant for this purpose.

See this thread for more info: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=11905
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

It sounds like the "problem" that you have "fixed" is maybe deteriorated fader contacts. You'll have a build up of conductive "dust" on your fader tracks...

Remember that WD40 is a temporary fix. The WD40 will eventually evaporate to sludge, and this sludge will continue to build up no matter how many times you re-lube the fader.

Best bet, is to remove the fader, strip it, clean it w/compressed air and maybe some alcohol (or some other cleaner that evaporates to nothing) then add a LITTLE lub if required (light mineral oil - dirt cheap and easily available).

^That's all old knowledge - and I honestly haven't needed to do it for YEARS.

Fader maintenance used to be vital, but, honestly, paying for an Innofader once os worth it to avoid all of that nonsense!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

quick side question.... way back in the day when i was a locksmith we used graphite powder to lubricate locks, because a wet lubricant attracts all kinds of crap. (yes graphite powder, it literally works wonders.)

Anyone ever tried this on a fader?? it could be a solution to spraying stuff into your faders, and then having bigger problems later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast