Possible to run 4 channels out of a TA6?

Default Possible to run 4 channels out of a TA6?

I have a TA6 and a Xone 32, where i route the decks A and B to channels 1 and 3 respectively, and route botht the remix decks to the spare channel 2 by routing both decks through the main out on the TA6.

I have been considerding moving to a 4 channel mixer, but am wondering if I can still work with my TA6 and utilize all 4 channels. So i was wondering if it would be possible to route deck C thru the MAIN OUT LEFT and deck D thru MAIN OUT RIGHT, using a Y connector on each output to run into the R and L of each channel. I figure I will get a mono rather than stero single.

I hope this makes some sense and maybe some has tried it or can shoot down my thinking on this.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Correct. You'll end up with twin-mono.

Should be fine.

You can get cheap cables on eBay. Buy a couple and give it a go...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

You'll only hear the Left channel rather than summed mono, since Traktor has no mono setting for External mixing mode
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Yes - but you'll hear the Left Channel through the Left AND Right Speakers. (If you select TA6 Left for Deck C L & R).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Yes - but you'll hear the Left Channel through the Left AND Right Speakers. (If you select TA6 Left for Deck C L & R).
    But this means it will only work fine for tracks/loops that have every single element panned to the center (which means that the nformation on the left and right channel are identical)

Since he'll only get the left channel, he won't get any of the signals that are panned completely to the right, and all signals that are panned mostly to the right will be significantly lower in volume, which could seriously mess upt the sound of a track since the balance of the sounds could be really off.

The only elements that are panned to the center are usually bass frequencies (kick, bassline) and vocals/leads, everything else will typically be spread throughout the whole stereo spectrum to get a nice and wide mix and make sure the elements don't clash. Autopanned elemtens e.g. will be coming in and out of the mix instead wandering from one side to the other...

So a great number of tracks/samples won't sound to good on those channels since you'll be missing some elememts and the relative levels of the other elements could be seriously off.

Tech Mentor

As you already have a TSP licence, jayo, my suggestion would be to look out for a used Audio 8.

If you only need the hardware, they can be found pretty cheap; I picked one up for £80 GBP, as, like you, I had an A6 and wanted to try 4 decks.

That'll probably work out cheaper than selling your A6 and buying a new A10 package. Plus you'll have a backup interface.

And no mono/stereo issues to worry about.