Traktor F1 One Button Effects mapping difficulties
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor F1 One Button Effects mapping difficulties

Been stewing over this for the past few hours trying to get my F1 to react to the one button effects load by Dj Tech Tools from this story they did earlier. I am a rookie when it comes to mappings.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/02/1...ds-in-traktor/

I have the TSI loaded. My F1 is in Midi Mode.

Problem is my "mapped to" is blank in the controller manager. First step I did was mapping my controller to the same set up you see in the screen shot at 0:41 "Ch13.Note.C4"

This gave no response on my F1. I have thus tried selecting the Effect selector knob, knob 1, knob 2, knob 3 and tried mapping them to different buttons on the F1.

What are the steps in between that are not talked about to get this map working. I've read more then a few guys ask this question on the comments section but nothing more then is it a tsi file, are you in midi mode.

I don't even see where he selects beatmasher, transpose, and ice verb so that it reacts to the button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Tech Wizard

While learning to map midi in Traktor is a good exercise and an overall good way to know the software better, I'm going to give you the easy-mode answer and tell you that one of the members here, Tekken, has crafted an effects mapping for the F1 that is mind blowingly amazing, and that probably already has way more going on than you were planning on trying to incorporate.

Check it out,
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/652

Peace

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SparkDogg View Post
    While learning to map midi in Traktor is a good exercise and an overall good way to know the software better, I'm going to give you the easy-mode answer and tell you that one of the members here, Tekken, has crafted an effects mapping for the F1 that is mind blowingly amazing, and that probably already has way more going on than you were planning on trying to incorporate.

Check it out,
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/652

Peace
    I have actually loaded up his mapping before.But his mapping(s) i think there are 8 total loaded in, puts a huge load on my computer. I never know what equipment I'm going to be using based on what club I'm going too. Sometimes its my S4 Mk1 or my buddies S4 Mk2. Other times I use HID mode with cdj 2000 Nexus, 2000's, or the 900 . So I already have a lot of mappings loaded up into traktor. If I wasn't using HID mode most of my gigs now, I would be all for using Tekken's mapping. I just don't feel comfortable with the spikes I was getting running it alongside HID mode. If that makes sense. Thoughts?

Tech Mentor

I concur that the Tekken mapping has an unusually high load on a computer. I can't figure why unless it's somehow loading different FX simultaneously in some cached state or...I dunno. At any rate there is a tutorial on Youtube called Traktor One Button FX or the like you can check out. Problem is with the TSI file is that it was pre 2.6.8 and I think Traktor changed the relation of the NI controllers to the software in some way where an F1 or any NI controller is not available in the in/out ports section under a Generic Midi map.

what you do is set all your defaults when you press the button

[button 1] assignment('FX Unit 1') mode('hold') // turn on the effect while held
    [knob 1] assignment('FX Unit 1') type('button') mode('direct') value(0.5) // set the first knob to 50%

Then increment or decrement the sliders while you are holding the button.

[knob 1] assignment('FX Unit 1') type('button') mode('inc') autoRepeat(true) resolution('fine') // increment the knob while held

that's basically all you need to do.. but if you want crazy effects you need to add more to it, but that should give you the general idea. The syntax I used to explain is function like, so you would find the matching field('value to set') in traktor.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 03-13-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EKHOmusik View Post
    Been stewing over this for the past few hours trying to get my F1 to react to the one button effects load by Dj Tech Tools from this story they did earlier. I am a rookie when it comes to mappings.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/02/1...ds-in-traktor/

I have the TSI loaded. My F1 is in Midi Mode.

Problem is my "mapped to" is blank in the controller manager. First step I did was mapping my controller to the same set up you see in the screen shot at 0:41 "Ch13.Note.C4"

This gave no response on my F1. I have thus tried selecting the Effect selector knob, knob 1, knob 2, knob 3 and tried mapping them to different buttons on the F1.

What are the steps in between that are not talked about to get this map working. I've read more then a few guys ask this question on the comments section but nothing more then is it a tsi file, are you in midi mode.

I don't even see where he selects beatmasher, transpose, and ice verb so that it reacts to the button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
    Hey EKHOmusic, my apologies. I made the mapping and overlooked one crucial step. In Traktor's preferences you need to set the midi mode type to "Midi Mode" as displayed in the picture. This should get the demo mapping to work.

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 9.32.17 PM.jpg
    Last edited by rdej47; 03-13-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: img size