How do you add a microphone to your set up?

Default How do you add a microphone to your set up?

sounds pretty easy but i can't figure it out. Im working with traktor pro, vci-100, audio4. Can you help a brother out???

your audio dj 4 has a mic in on the front panel...maybe this could help...there is no way to get a microphone running trough traktor (sad but true)
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

damn i don't think the audio 4 has one according to http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...4-dj/?page=930 . It only has a headphone output. hmm how else can i make this work?

1) Buy a soundcard or a mixer with a mic input.

2) Buy a usb mic.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

you could probably use a mic on your laptop or an usb mic and routh it through your audio 4 using one of those sound card aggregator apps.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Um... in fact, you can run a mic through Traktor, you just have to sacrifice a deck. So if you don't use all 4 decks just set one to an Audio Through, and set, in your preferences, to have your In be that specific Deck and you'll be set.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

well, what exactly do you want it for? are you playing out somewhere? even if its a small show, your gonna need some sort of amp, i would think that something like that would have a mic input
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Tech Mentor

Agree with DvlsAdvct!

Ean has a video about this. Running a mic through traktor, I think it's called recording audio dj drops, check it out on youtube

thanks for the help. fibertuner, that sounds tight ill look into that. and i could probably sacrifice a deck but can i switch that deck from mic to record on the fly? and BeNeDek, im also using the b-52 matrix 1000 series speakers but i don't think it gots a mic input. I just want a mic as a nice little addition to say some shit. yadadafeelme?

Default Re: How do you add a microphone to your set up?

Quote Originally Posted by bootymusic
    thanks for the help. fibertuner, that sounds tight ill look into that. and i could probably sacrifice a deck but can i switch that deck from mic to record on the fly? and BeNeDek, im also using the b-52 matrix 1000 series speakers but i don't think it gots a mic input. I just want a mic as a nice little addition to say some shit. yadadafeelme?
    yeah what dvls suggested is how I used to run my mic in, and you can change it on the fly, I reccommend some kind of hotkey to switch it though. if you don't have a mic (xlr) input, you could try getting an xlr -> 1/4" cable if you have a 1/4" input. if not, you could *maybe* get the type of cable I mentioned and then also a 1/4" -> RCA adapter and plug it into a phono input on the audio 4. I'm not positive that mic inputs an phono inputs can use the same preamps or if they need different amp levels/methods, but I'm sure someone can clarify this.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition