Is it possible to map in ITCH?
    Tech Mentor

Default Is it possible to map in ITCH?

Hey all,

I'm new to ITCH, I've been a traktor user for the longest time but one of my gigs is installing a video system in the club so Im going to buy a VCI-380 so I can start "spinning" video. Theres a few things I dont like about the VCI-380 so I'll want to map a few parameters.

Ive just never heard of anyone mapping in ITCH? Is it possible to do so?

p.s. for anyone who would know, the main function I want to map is 'forward or backward' seeker using loops. Those who are familiar with the NS7/NS6 you can set a loop and then toggle forward or backward with the loop still in tact (much similar to the toggle in the S4). I know the VCI-380 does have a beat seeker I just dont know how advanced it is.

thanks for the help DJTT!!

just a suggestion... VDJ Pro has video & almost endless mapping capabilities, but much more than traktor... if you want more video effects it accepts FreeFrame plugins that are used in vj programs like resolume or post production suites like after effects

here's a list of about 80
    http://community.freeframe.org/plugindatabase

or Sonique visualizations if that's your thing. And sbdj is constantly creating new native plugins for both mac and pc. There is good quality text to screen that can receive txt messages from the audience, live camera feed plugins, you can even directly control dmx lights through the program if you need to.

there is also a midi mode traktor S4 mapper so you wouldn't need to upgrade you controller
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    just a suggestion... VDJ Pro has video & almost endless mapping capabilities, but much more than traktor... if you want more video effects it accepts FreeFrame plugins that are used in vj programs like resolume or post production suites like after effects

here's a list of about 80
    http://community.freeframe.org/plugindatabase

or Sonique visualizations if that's your thing. And sbdj is constantly creating new native plugins for both mac and pc. There is good quality text to screen that can receive txt messages from the audience, live camera feed plugins, you can even directly control dmx lights through the program if you need to.

there is also a midi mode traktor S4 mapper so you wouldn't need to upgrade you controller

Hey thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Im not the most knowledgeable about this stuff so i didnt quite follow what you were talking about. Im definitely into just upgrading controllers. Ive actually wanted to give ITCH a second go around for a bit now and this is my excuse to do so lol. However Im really just interested in basic functionality mapping. Im really only going to be playing music videos and some preloaded visualizers but its top 40 music so nothing too extensive.

Im basically just curious if there is a way to have map a loop skip/seek (similar to the NS6/7) on a vci-380, whether its with a shift command on the deck itself or a laptop shortcut.

thanks for the help. sorry that I didnt quite follow you. But Im very interested to learn!

You could maybe intercept the midi messages with something like 'bolmes midi translator' and convert some of the midi messages to keystrokes which are mappable in itch. Or if you have an NS6 it's native to VDJ Pro. You should download the VCI-380's manual to see if has been included in itch, I doubt they would omit such an important function.

But I just like sharing the awesomeness that is VDJ! because it's all possible
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!