Maschine MK2 vs Maschine 2.0 ?

Default Maschine MK2 vs Maschine 2.0 ?

hi guys, i hope you would help me out here.. I'm eager to add maschine to my set up, especially with that new bundle offer (with komplete) going around - its about $300 cheaper.. but from experience is it better to hold out, and save for a few months and buy the newest version?! i have tech envy i think :-/

thanks

Maschine MK 2 comes with Maschine 2.0 software. There won't be a newer version in a few months. Are you confusing 2.0 with Maschine Studio?

...what? lmao

Maschine Mk2 is the hardware.
    Maschine 2.0 is the software that goes with the hardware.
    Komplete is a collection of instruments, effects etc. that can be used/played in the Maschine 2.0 software.

It's the latest version of the Maschine hardware and software + a ton of instruments/effects. If you want in, buy it without worry - there won't be a Mk3 hardware or 3.0 software for quite a while, the 2 series is still very new - and whenever the new software comes out you get a discounted price to upgrade anyways.

sorry, i was confused with the names. this discussion proved really useful: https://maschinemasters.com/maschine...schine-studio/