Please Help.....Sound Quality Issues.

Default Please Help.....Sound Quality Issues.

Hi All - Please if someone could help it would be much appreciated:

OK so I have a few sound quality issues when using my setup - Setup includes:

2x CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, 2x KRK VXT8, RD MBP 15" running latest version of Traktor Scratch Pro (not in time code mode).

So normally I use the CDJ's as the aggregated sound card and is selected in the audio setup in Traktor and the sound quality is great, but since I wanted to record my mixes in Traktor I found out I had to configure my setup to use the DJM 900 nexus as the sound card so I connected a third USB cable from the Mixer into the hub and configured the settings in the DJM utility - Once I selected the DJM 900 in the audio setup in Traktor and configured the routing the sound quality was poor with light popping and crackling noises??? Would this suggest there is a problem with the sound card and could a dj shop engineer fix this kind of problem?

So then I setup my Traktor Audio 10 box as a sound card wiring the rec out from the back of the mixer to deck C in Traktor and Audio 10 selected in audio setup in Traktor and this was better until I started hearing a clicking sound coming through the speakers so I unplugged the rec out wiring and the clicking stopped.

So what I would like to know is:

Is there something wrong with my mixers sound card from the issues I've stated above?

What is the best way to record your mixes for quality and ease of use?

And what is the best sound card out of the CDJ 2000 nexus - DJM 900 nexus or Audio 10 to use? Or is there an external sound card better than these?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Briggsy View Post
    Hi All - Please if someone could help it would be much appreciated:

OK so I have a few sound quality issues when using my setup - Setup includes:

2x CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, 2x KRK VXT8, RD MBP 15" running latest version of Traktor Scratch Pro (not in time code mode).

So normally I use the CDJ's as the aggregated sound card and is selected in the audio setup in Traktor and the sound quality is great, but since I wanted to record my mixes in Traktor I found out I had to configure my setup to use the DJM 900 nexus as the sound card so I connected a third USB cable from the Mixer into the hub and configured the settings in the DJM utility - Once I selected the DJM 900 in the audio setup in Traktor and configured the routing the sound quality was poor with light popping and crackling noises??? Would this suggest there is a problem with the sound card and could a dj shop engineer fix this kind of problem?

So then I setup my Traktor Audio 10 box as a sound card wiring the rec out from the back of the mixer to deck C in Traktor and Audio 10 selected in audio setup in Traktor and this was better until I started hearing a clicking sound coming through the speakers so I unplugged the rec out wiring and the clicking stopped.

Is there something wrong with my mixers sound card from the issues I've stated above?

And what is the best sound card out of the CDJ 2000 nexus - DJM 900 nexus or Audio 10 to use? Or is there an external sound card better than these?

Thanks
    This was fixed with a firmware update for the DJM 900 Nexus to 1.31.

Thanks

Tech Convert

Default Preliminary Troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by Briggsy View Post

To address your questions in order, first disconnect everything from your computer and use your DJM as a sound card in some way. This is simply to make sure the outputs are working properly. With everything sounding fine with only the DJM attached, you can safely assume the hardware itself is fine and the problem is stemming from somewhere else. As for a next step, I'm a little lost as to how you have everything wired because I am unfamiliar with all your hardware expect the Audio 10 so try that first.

As for recording, I'm fairly certain you should be able to record your mix without any new hardware. There's countless ways of getting a recording so there's not really a "best way". And based on my knowledge, all of your hardware is quite premium so the sound quality should be great regardless of which you use.

So try checking your DJM as I mentioned above and then post how that went. If you get the same result as in your case you posted about, there is likely a problem with the mixer. You could also try it without being connected to the computer at all if you have the proper cables. That would isolate it completely to make sure it is working properly.