Question about analyzing tracks in rekordbox.
    Tech Mentor

Default Question about analyzing tracks in rekordbox.

My situation is as follows, I have each and every single one of my track burned to cd and DJ with that most of the time, but the feature of quantized looping and such do sound good to me. Can I simply analyze my tracks with rekordbox to be able to use with the 900/2000's OFF the cd's themselves? Will it change anything about it other then extra information and is it possible?

Thanks for future adviceee

Tech Guru

You can't use Rekordbox with CDs. You need to export music from Rekordbox onto USB/SD or use Rekordbox on your computer over Ethernet if you want to use quantized loops.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Ah so I can use rekordbox to analyze all my tracks in advance and then bring my laptop there? How will it connect to the cdj's then? Sorry for the beginner questions hehe I have never attempted anything outside good old cd map's. Also will rekordbox analyzing change anything to the files if I don't want it to? I really just would want it for quantizing

Tech Guru

Yes, you could use your laptop and link it to the CDJs using Ethernet. You'll need an Ethernet hub to connect your laptop, two CDJs, and (optionally) the mixer to each other. It might be easier to just use Rekordbox through USB sticks to begin with.

Analysing tracks shouldn't change the files much. Remember that track analysis is never perfect, so you may need to manually correct the grids for some tracks.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB