Pricing

Thread: Pricing

Tech Convert

Default Pricing

Hey guys whats i had quick question ? about pricing i've djed a few clubs this past year and i've been paid 100 to 150 a night. I was wondering Do other clubs usually have a certain pay or do more popular djs get paid more i've been getting my name out there and asked to dj more and 100 bucks really isn't cutting it anymore

Tech Mentor

Back in the day (1990s-2000s) I made +-$1k per night spinning vinyl. I used to make atleast 10% of drink sales. Nowadays I have to set-up my own gigs with a few other local DJs. We did very well last year. DJing at clubs isn't the way to make money these days. It's a way to get yourself out there and build a following. My first venture in '03 setting up my own gig cost me $3k (maxed out all my credit cards). I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to sell 500 tickets at $10 a pop. It took alot of work and stress putting the word out, but well worth it as I ended up taking home +-$20k after selling alcohol. I did learn very quickly that I needed help managing everything. Now there's 4 of us to date, and setting up is alot smoother. Sometimes club promoters call us and we cut a deal.

Tech Guru

It depends on so many things - your town, attendance, your skills, length of your sets, price of tickets, etc. The best thing to do would be to ask the other DJs you play with, it's not a universal thing.

I typically DJ for $100/hour if it's open ended as to what my play time is, if I know my slot I charge flat rate, 9-12? Cool Three hours, $300 flat rate. I NEVER play for less than $50/hour
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU