Traktor on MAC, External Mixer and Shoutcast stream via Nicecast not playing ball.

Default Traktor on MAC, External Mixer and Shoutcast stream via Nicecast not playing ball.

Can any one shed any light on this for me please?

I am trying to find a work around to enable me to broadcast from a Mac running Traktor with an external mixer using a Shoutcast stream. I have tried both BUTT and Nicecast but in both situations I can only hear one channel, there is no sound on the stream from the second channel at all. However the master out from the mixer to my monitors is fine.

In Nicecast I have the source set as the DJM850 because if I set it to Application (Traktor) I do not seem to broadcast any sound at all.

When I broadcast directly from Traktor into an Icecast stream I have no problems whatso ever. I dont need to feed any audio back into the MBP when using an Icecast stream so assumed shout would be the same.

my set up is as follows
    2012 MBP
    running Traktor SP2
    DJM 850k (built in soundcard) as external mixer
    2x CDJ 900s

Anybody come across this issue?

thanks in advance

Make sure your routing back into your computer via the DJM850 software is set to something like Ch 7/8 from Record Out on the mixer, then choose this as the input to your software for streaming.

This is how I do it to record sets in Traktor with DJM's.
    Last edited by frankle; 03-17-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

All sorted thanks to Makar 1 via the NI forums. I had initially followed the set up details for recording from external mixers on the Traktor bible site. This meant I only had to route one channel back into Traktor as Rec Out on the Pioneer Set up utility.

This was fine for recording and broadcasting when routing through Traktor but didnt work when using Nicecast.

The fix was as simple as setting all the USB channels to Rec Out in the Pioneer Utility, now all channels are audible through Nicecast and it still Records too.

Cheers Makar

That's good to know. Nice little tip for (us) DJM850 users.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Patch it is flipping obvious when you think about it, but because I had followed at set up guide and it worked when using Traktors built in broadcaster it just didn't occur to me to try it.

Sometimes guides don't actually explain how a particular set up works (maybe that makes it easier for beginners) and there is a tendency to do exactly what I did, ie get the set up working and forget about it rather than actually understand what is happening.

Cheers again to makar1

Quote Originally Posted by Crem Brule View Post
    All sorted thanks to Makar 1 via the NI forums. I had initially followed the set up details for recording from external mixers on the Traktor bible site. This meant I only had to route one channel back into Traktor as Rec Out on the Pioneer Set up utility.

This was fine for recording and broadcasting when routing through Traktor but didnt work when using Nicecast.

The fix was as simple as setting all the USB channels to Rec Out in the Pioneer Utility, now all channels are audible through Nicecast and it still Records too.

Cheers Makar
    Hi I am having exactly the same problem , I have set all outputs to rec out but can only play through 1 channel in traktor but when I change audio settings in traktor it just reverts back to same problem . Please help its doing my head in.
    cheers