Traktor NML Parser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor NML Parser

Hi guys.

I thought I'd let you know about a small little tool I coded up to parse Traktor playlist (.NML) files and generate simple plain text version of it. It's available for Windows (32bit & 64bit) and Mac (only tested on Mavericks so far) and you can grab it for free here.

Hope someone gets some use out of it!

// Erik

Big up! gonna try it once i got home from work
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Works perfectly... Simple & clean. I love it.

Traktor exported playlist look terrible. You can copy and paste to Excel or (in my case) you can export as m3u to iTunes and create neat PDF's but this is much simpler and done in a heartbeat.

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Traktor exported playlist look terrible. You can copy and paste to Excel or (in my case) you can export as m3u to iTunes and create neat PDF's but this is much simpler and done in a heartbeat.

I love it.
    Glad to hear it! I got really annoyed with the way Traktor exports playlists and doing the HTML -> Excel -> Text was just cumbersome and slow and every time I did it it reset the form and the ordering...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

I love it.
    Glad to hear it! I got really annoyed with the way Traktor exports playlists and the HTML -> Excel -> Text file was just so cumbersome and the way Traktor resets the layout every time just made it that much more annoying.

This is a good one.

You're not the first to do this, but I like this one because it doesn't show an error if the file contains a remix set (as the other one I use does), plus it's really easy to copy and paste.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    This is a good one.

You're not the first to do this, but I like this one because it doesn't show an error if the file contains a remix set (as the other one I use does), plus it's really easy to copy and paste.

Thank you
    If you have any ideas or feature requests for it let me know!

//E

Tech Mentor

Thanks man!

I always upload the .nml file to Mixcloud to generate a tracklist, then manually copy the text from Mixcloud to a text file and copy from there into Soundcloud, Youtube & iTunes. Your tool will definitely save me some time!
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Tech Guru

Love it, amount of time people ask me for a list of tunes I played that night and I wish I had this.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Thanks for all the great feedback!

If there is anything you want from the tool just let me know!

// Erik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast