Live performance Logic 9

Default Live performance Logic 9

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum, so let me introduce myself:
    I'm Noah, I'm 15 years old and I live in the Netherlands, so my English is not very good.
    I play the piano since I was 4 years old and now I switched to music production. I make EDM, house, and hip hop.

So this is my problem:
    I want to perform live on school for an meeting with the musical kids
    But I don't have a clue how to start with this. What I have is a Macbook pro, Logic 9, a midi keyboard Novation Sl Mk2 61 keys, an Akai MPD18 and some knowledge about Logic.

But how should I do this? I know how to handle Logic, but don't know how to perform live with it. I want to play something with a nice beat, and some nice housey chords. Do I have to loop it and play the chords and progress with the beat. What would you guys suggest?

I hope you can help me.

Greetings Noah

Get Ableton Live as its meant for live use. Only thing I can even add here.

Tech Mentor

You could also use Logic as a 'backing track' and play chords, synth lines etc live on your keyboard.

So you basically let the track play in the background (minus the parts you want to play live) and just play along. You could also make a special edit for your live gig with a more stripped down part that gives you room to improvise or play some extended parts that aren't in the original track.

For the parts of your tracks where there aren't any keys or something you could play, you can map some controls like filter cutoff, reverb, delay, etc. to the knobs of your novation controller and manipulate those parameters live.

Or you just add some percussion with the MPD18.

There are some restrictions when playing live with logic, as you'll not be able to re-structure your track on the fly, but there's still a lot of things you can do, some of them I would consider to be even more 'live' than just triggering scenes in ableton....

If you have the full version of Logic 9, you should also have an application called main stage which is a sort of a version of Logic optimized for live performance.

I'd have to go with TCMuc's suggestions of using Logic like a 'backing track'. If you just delete the MIDI data from the synth line (or whatever it is you'd want to play live), then re-save the project with a different name, you could just play the synth line over the top of the track.

If you're looking to improvise over a loop though, I'd go with MainStage. It's a very nice looking application, and totally customisable. Good luck!