Why must I keep analyzing tracks in Traktor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    have you checked if those tracks are .wav? those files can't store beatgrids/bpm etc. that is why traktor is always trying to analyze them. maybe this helps.
    If the file can't store the beat grid after being locked, doesn't traktor store the beat grid info in another file in this case? I thought that was the case.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Agreed. I use many wav files in Traktor with stored beatgrids that work perfectly without re-analyzing. Any remixes I do in a DAW I export as a wav, then import that wav into Traktor (auto analyze) for mixing into my set. Then I confirm/set the grid/bpm, add start/cue points, etc. Only need to do it once. Works like a charm.

Hey OP could it possibly be that you're accessing your iTunes collection through Traktor? If this is the case, it's a known glitch where bpm and grid info won't save even after it's been analyzed. All you have to do is make actual Traktor playlists and then copy your iTunes playlists into the Traktor playlists so they're permanently in the collection.

EDIT: Yeah I just reread your post and it sounds like this is definitely the problem. Just create actual Traktor playlists and the problem will be solved.
    reppin those deep underground European vibes out in the northern midwest

Techno, Deep House, Electronica, Ambient.

https://soundcloud.com/slightlydarkerblack

Quote Originally Posted by ConnectControl View Post
    Hey OP could it possibly be that you're accessing your iTunes collection through Traktor? If this is the case, it's a known glitch where bpm and grid info won't save even after it's been analyzed. All you have to do is make actual Traktor playlists and then copy your iTunes playlists into the Traktor playlists so they're permanently in the collection.

EDIT: Yeah I just reread your post and it sounds like this is definitely the problem. Just create actual Traktor playlists and the problem will be solved.
    I have been using iTunes playlists with Traktor for 3 years and never has any problems. I analyze and grid my tracks on first play, lock the grid and it's all good from there.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

That's what I do. I always play from the iTunes node, and Traktor always remembers my beatgrids and cuepoints.

Once you've played a track in Traktor (from the iTunes, or Explorer nodes), the track is automagically added to teh Traktor Collection - where beatgrid and cue point info is stored...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Schalenberg

I just open the Explorer in Traktor > Desktop > Music (which is the file where I keep my music). What I like about NOT using iTunes is that the import date in my music folder is accurate and I'm a freak about when I got each track in my collection. If I add my collection into iTunes now, every track would have the same import date. But maybe there's a workaround for this where I don't have to create playlists by dates.

Tech Guru

You need to use Traktor's Track Collection node instead of the Explorer or Itunes nodes if you want Traktor's track info to work fully.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You need to use Traktor's Track Collection node instead of the Explorer or Itunes nodes if you want Traktor's track info to work fully.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hope this will do the trick. Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by bisco View Post
    sorry for my stupidity but how does one beatgrid tracks and what is the point?
    should I do this?
    I've never done it, I do all beat matching manually so this has never came up for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I've never done it, I do all beat matching manually so this has never came up for me either.
    Do you use any Traktor beat-based effects?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast