Why must I keep analyzing tracks in Traktor? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I've been finding recently that I've got a whole bunch of tracks that are just easier to mix if i don't bother beat gridding them. Also found another bunch of tracks that were fine when they were beargridded a while ago but seem to have got totally screwed up in aone of the updates over the last year.

As much as I like Traktor, and I do, I really really really hate beatgridding.

I never use sync, will I still notice a big difference if I choose to do this?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bisco View Post
    I never use sync, will I still notice a big difference if I choose to do this?
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your style, the sort of stuff your playing etc. If your entirely mixing by ear, why waste your time?

I'll admit, I'm no hardcore 'Manual beatmatch or death' fundie, and I have no problem at all using sync when it suits me, but if you rely on sync with a lot of the stuff I play it's going come back to haunt you.

My biggest gripe with all this gubbins is that it's preparation time - and that's an awful lot like homework too me. It's just boring mechanical labour.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Do you use any Traktor beat-based effects?
    Nah, I literally just use Traktor at home for easy browsing. X1 for browsing and loading, cue points, etc. Rarely will I use effects in Traktor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123