Best way to package CDJ for shipping?

Default Best way to package CDJ for shipping?

I'm shipping my 2 CDJ900s and I foolishly threw away the original boxes and styrofoam. I was planning on wrapping the cdjs with 3-4 layers of bubblewrap and squeezing them into some different cardboard boxes. I also have some leftover foam padding I thought I could cram into the boxes to prevent them from shuffling around.

Do you think this is sufficient? I'm shipping to a friend and he'd be heartbroken if the cdjs arrived broken.

Put packaging paper or packing peanuts into the box, wrap the CDJ in some bubble wrap like you said and fill in whatever space it has left to move around in the box with some more paper/peanuts. Seal it and give it a slight wiggle, it should stay put inside the box. Insure the package properly and make sure you slap warning stickers on every side the box like "Fragile" or even "Glass" just so they will see it and make note not to drop it. Plus make sure the box is not just wide enough to fit the CDJ, you want there to be room on all sides for the packaging materials to catch the player if it does shift. That's really all you can do.

Tech Guru

Use padding on the main frame of the CDJ, and try to avoid putting any pressure on the jog wheel or the rest of the controls.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

flight cases?

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Put packaging paper or packing peanuts into the box, wrap the CDJ in some bubble wrap like you said and fill in whatever space it has left to move around in the box with some more paper/peanuts. Seal it and give it a slight wiggle, it should stay put inside the box. Insure the package properly and make sure you slap warning stickers on every side the box like "Fragile" or even "Glass" just so they will see it and make note not to drop it. Plus make sure the box is not just wide enough to fit the CDJ, you want there to be room on all sides for the packaging materials to catch the player if it does shift. That's really all you can do.