Lights with Audio In

Default Lights with Audio In

Hey all!!!

After a few hours of searching the net without luck I figured I'd turn my question over to my favourite resource, the DJTT community! I am looking for lights that have audio in on them like the Yorkville LED4, just not as expensive or huge. I've gotten to use the LED4 many many times in the past and I love how it works, just run audio to it and you have a lovely show of colour in no time! Many other lights have sound mode, but it picks up crowd noise and isn't that accurate!

So the long and short of it is, what other models of light have this feature? The cheaper the better! It'll just be used in my practice/party room in my basement to add some spice.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Hey all!!!

After a few hours of searching the net without luck I figured I'd turn my question over to my favourite resource, the DJTT community! I am looking for lights that have audio in on them like the Yorkville LED4, just not as expensive or huge. I've gotten to use the LED4 many many times in the past and I love how it works, just run audio to it and you have a lovely show of colour in no time! Many other lights have sound mode, but it picks up crowd noise and isn't that accurate!

So the long and short of it is, what other models of light have this feature? The cheaper the better! It'll just be used in my practice/party room in my basement to add some spice.
    I have dabbled in the sound active area of led lighting that you dislike but I have had good outcomes. Just lots of research before buying imo.

I have the chauvet o beast, it only really reacts to bass well.
    http://youtu.be/5KFZi1Oq9xE?t=5m27s

and 2 of the adj quad phases which react well dude for just sound active.
    http://youtu.be/aecUPf1nK0M?t=7m

The best lights I have for in a room chillen honestly tho are the adj micro series, especially the hypnotic.
    http://youtu.be/RVJGcT2xRdU?t=1m40s

Gnome sayin

I'm in the process of selling all my lights. don't use them often enough and want to buy new stuff for my studio.
    For sound active ADJ lights are quite good as they seam to relay mainly on bass so they do not react easy to crowd noise. I mainly have used my lights with a DMX controller witch has a audio in to control sense and chases that way they only do what I programed them to do in sync with the music. I really like the Revo series for sound active use as they have grate variations in inbuilt programs.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

What lights you have for sale?

And sound active I have never had a issue with crowd noise. I would check where you are mounting your truss or t bars and make sure your not picking up other things... Are your lights spread out and room accustics shady so natural reverb effecting them which would make them off sync with music? Or is your speed and sensitivity adjusted in correctly?

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Many lights (particularly cheaper ones) have sound activated programs on them. Chauvet's LED strips and the like have such a feature, just check the specs.

The ability to use DMX software expands things greatly. I use ShowCad Artist, you can run a line-in to your PC and then specify different parameters you want to trigger off of: Bass, treble, certain thresholds. But you said cheap. And this is not cheap

I am aware of all these lights and the way the on-board mic works, but that is not what I am asking, I am asking:

Does anyone here know of any lights other than the LED4 that include and audio in?
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    I am aware of all these lights and the way the on-board mic works, but that is not what I am asking, I am asking:

Does anyone here know of any lights other than the LED4 that include and audio in?
    Ah, you want a line input.

That is kind of an odd feature. Could you go with a cheap controller? Then you could use whatever cheap lights you want.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ing-controller