Does anyone know how to set up 2 Midi Fighters 3d in TRAKTOR
    Tech Mentor

Default Does anyone know how to set up 2 Midi Fighters 3d in TRAKTOR

I just got a second Midi fighter 3d and I want to use them to control the remix decks in traktor can anyone please help

Tech Convert

Default Starting Point

I personally don't own multiple Midi Fighter 3d (MF3D) but I'd be happy to try and help until someone else has a proper solution.

Have you tried to load the Remix Deck firmware to your new MF3D and use it with Traktor? If not, try that first without having your existing MF3D plugged in. To be clear, you'll only have your new MF3D plugged into your computer so things will be easier to troubleshoot.

If it works as expected and you have control of the remix decks, plug in your other MF3D and I think it should work once it boots up. If that's not the case, just restart Traktor with both MF3D plugged in. I think everything should work at that point!

Let me know how that goes or if something isn't clear!

You need to contact DJTT and they will send you custom firmware.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Mentor

ok thanks

Why does DJTT need to send custom firmware? It's already included, just install the latest firmware update using the MF Utility.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You don't need a custom firmware

To use multiple Midi Fighter 3D's or any other Midi Fighter which may or may not also have remix deck functionality at the same time you need to set an alternate device number.

To do this simply hold down one of the first four arcade buttons on the top row while powering on the unit. Each arcade button corresponds to a different device number. You only need to do this once.

Traktor will now see them as unique. Load the Remix Deck firmware on each device and you are good to go.

Note: DON'T use the MF Utility with both devices connected.
    Last edited by padi_04; 03-19-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    To use multiple Midi Fighter 3D's or any other Midi Fighter which may or may not also have remix deck functionality at the same time you need to set an alternate device number.

To do this simply hold down one of the first four arcade buttons on the top row while powering on the unit. Each arcade button corresponds to a different device number. You only need to do this once.
    SO THAT'S HOW YOU DO THAT!!! Thank you x1000000!!! I knew that I'd heard you could do this but could never figure out how this worked exactly. Finally... wow... thanks again!
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D