Playing a festival next month!!
    Tech Wizard

Default Playing a festival next month!!

CDJ NXS vs DDJ
    Last edited by foxes; 04-13-2014 at 10:25 PM.

what software do you use? if you use Traktor you can take 2 usb cables and run the nexus CDJ in HID mode I do that with Cross when ever there is cdj's in a booth. other then that CDJ are were much the same as using you DDJ SX only a few things that you can do with SX you can't do with CDJ's other way around all you can do with nexus you can do on SX
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

I recently just made the switch from a DDJ-SX to a CDJ-2000 NXS setup and it was surprisingly intuitive once. First, download Rekordbox, analyze your songs, and create the same playlists. I used Serato which just read my iTunes playlists so this was easy. Once you put your analyzed tracks on the flash drive it's pretty much the same as the SX.

Just plug your flashdrive into one CDJ, click USB and on the other CDJs click LINK (this assumes the CDJ's are linked through the Pro DJ Link which they should be, otherwise you'll need a USB stick for each one). The rest is pretty much the same, you use the encoder knob to browse and select, there's just a Back button instead of clicking the encoder.