Help me connecting VCI-400SE to an Ipad - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

beaubryte, I think you're right - there's latency issues and Deck C&D mapping issues with the VCI-400SE firmware
    Vestax VCI-400SE EGE | Pioneer DDJ-SX | Numark NS7 | Novation Twitch | Traktor Scratch Pro | Serato DJ | Dj Player iOS | Mixvibes CrossDJ iOS

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Hey Funky,
    I found some info regarding this problem on the DJPlayer App forum and it seems that Gabor (Designer/CEO) found the cause:

https://getsatisfaction.com/djplayer...vestax_vci_400

Thanks for your help though, we should get in touch when things are resolved
    Hopefully things get fixed soon..

Tech Wizard

Fingers crossed...
    Vestax VCI-400SE EGE | Pioneer DDJ-SX | Numark NS7 | Novation Twitch | Traktor Scratch Pro | Serato DJ | Dj Player iOS | Mixvibes CrossDJ iOS

Quote Originally Posted by beaubryte View Post
    Hey Funky,
    I found some info regarding this problem on the DJPlayer App forum and it seems that Gabor (Designer/CEO) found the cause:

https://getsatisfaction.com/djplayer...vestax_vci_400

Thanks for your help though, we should get in touch when things are resolved
    Hopefully things get fixed soon..
    i fix that problem, finally!

you need to open DJ Player with already connected controller to iOS device and also run any of both midi apps: Midi Monitor or MIDI Wrench (they are Free in AppStore).

while DJ Player is working in background (playing anything from a playlist) i turns different sliders in opened MIDI Wrench app. after that i switching back to DJ Player (both apps is running) and tried to press any buttons, faders and jog wheels which was switched automatically to usual functionality (fast responce, etc...).

maybe its a core-audio bug in iOS program code from version 7.0.6 (when all this happens) till current 7.1, because autoswitch in midi settings wasn't a problem for my VCI-400 until that.

all i can say about that is: you need to do that thing each time when you wanna spin in DJ Player because if both apps (DJ Player and MIDI Wrench) will be closed and removed from iOS taskbar - all midi settings will be cancelled.

by the way: just tested VCI-400 midi learn function in algoriddim djay2 on iPhone 5. mapping works fine but djay2 app has the same midi responce issue as in DJ Player. problem is resolved in the same way as i described above.

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by Specter View Post
    i fix that problem, finally!

you need to open DJ Player with already connected controller to iOS device and also run any of both midi apps: Midi Monitor or MIDI Wrench (they are Free in AppStore).

while DJ Player is working in background (playing anything from a playlist) i turns different sliders in opened MIDI Wrench app. after that i switching back to DJ Player (both apps is running) and tried to press any buttons, faders and jog wheels which was switched automatically to usual functionality (fast response, etc...).

maybe its a core-audio bug in iOS program code from version 7.0.6 (when all this happens) till current 7.1, because autoswitch in midi settings wasn't a problem for my VCI-400 until that.

all i can say about that is: you need to do that thing each time when you wanna spin in DJ Player because if both apps (DJ Player and MIDI Wrench) will be closed and removed from iOS taskbar - all midi settings will be cancelled.

by the way: just tested VCI-400 midi learn function in algoriddim djay2 on iPhone 5. mapping works fine but djay2 app has the same midi response issue as in DJ Player. problem is resolved in the same way as i described above.

Thanks for sharing this precious info! I've been waiting for something like this for weeks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12