Stems for sets?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stems for sets?

Default Stems for sets?

Hi,

Does anyone know any good sites for minimal techno stems? or how I can create some from pre-existing tracks.

Its mainly for layering and transitions between songs.

Loopmasters is awesome site for this type of thing. You can either buy entire Sample Libraries, or find libraries that you like, and download some of the free example sounds.

Go here:

http://www.loopmasters.com/

I really want to get hold of the Featurecast Sample Pack (http://www.loopmasters.com/genres/8-...o-Beats-Breaks) but can't justify £30 on a sample CD right now.

Although - I know I'd be able to put tigether a killer Remix Set as soon as I do drop £30 on it!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Beatport is always offering remix contests where you can get stems for songs.

Mad Zach here makes a set of stems/remix sets every month or so. If you subscribe the email newsletter, you'll know of the latest set.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

+1 on Beatport or Loopmasters. Keep a close eye and you will find good packs go on sale every so often.
    Another way to get access to packs sold on those sites is through a Future Music subscription. The Apple App Store version is around $40 per year and you get 12 months of Future Music plus all the DVD content via a digital locker. An absolute steal for the informative articles plus a taste of what Loopmasters and Beatport provide on the sound side.

I have used Loopmasters before, really good company. Although their packs are quite expensive (£40 avg)

get a kick drum and loop it

on a serious note, look out for remix contests

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    get a kick drum and loop it
    Not minimal enough, needs a filter over it to take out the "boominess".

:LOL:

I would advise that you grab a free DAW like Reaper (Technically not free but, it is free, in a WinRAR kind of way) and use some free vsts, a great site to start with would be http://vst4free.com/, and learn some basic production. Don't fall for all this sample/£800 groove production station "necessity", they're just there to make life easier. When you realise that nearly all dance music is made with the same samples and equipment that's easy enough to emulate with free software, production becomes a lot more bearable.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Guru

Sage like advice that.

OP, If you do fancy dropping some cash and are MacOSX based, it's difficult to look past Logic Pro X for £139; It has many, many GB's of included content from which you can create your own stems, plus the usual array of fx and processing, plus if you want to dabble in production you're set for the future.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Is Ableton Live any good? as I am not quite ready to invest in MacOSX at the moment

If all you want is stems/loops for layering, I wouldn't invest in Ableton Live. You'd probably want Suite as it contains a lot more loops.

You can also check out Wave Alchemy for some loops. They're (I think) reasonably priced and have a lot of good content.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast