Gemini CDJ 600

Thread: Gemini CDJ 600

Default Gemini CDJ 600

Hi guys,

Very new to all this, I've been playing for a year now. My set up is currently a Hercules Mk4 controller, and a Garrard direct drive turntable. Haven't done the time-code set up yet, but I will get to that soon.

So while I was looking for another turntable, I stumbled upon a Gemini CDJ 600 for about $80 dollars (I live in South Africa, so I'm giving you a rough estimation). The guy selling it assures me that it works, and I'm considering getting it because it has a USB drive, and I want to get the feel of playing on a CDJ.

Now I've read some reviews praising the device, and others calling it the biggest waste of money. The ones that praise it call it an awesome entry level device. While the ones that hate it say that the bpm counter is inconsistent, and some say that they broke there tempo fader (i know there's a better word for it) was faulty cause they moved it in a certain way.

So I guess my questions are; do you think it's worth getting? For that price it could be awesome, and maybe the other guys who hated it just mistreated it, and maybe their bpm counters were faulty (at least that's what Im hoping.) Cause the guys who loved it, raved on about it, so surely it can't be that bad.

Anyway I'm hoping that someone can help me out, sorry the thread was a bit long. Just needed to paint the picture

Tech Wizard

I actually bought a Gemini CDJ 700 which is a level up. I got them for $200 new a piece. at the time i also found Pioneer CDJ's 850 for $499 new. I end it up going with the Gemini for the price. If you use them at home they are excellent.I had issues with freezing two times but i did a firmware update and it hasn't done it since. The jogwheels definitely feel differently than CDJ's. went out to play on CDJ 2000 one time and the its jog wheel was so light i thought it was broken lol CDJ 700 Jog wheels are stiff compared.

anyway if you are using them at home go for it.they will teach how to beat match without software and will make you more comfortable when the time comes to switch to Pioneer equipment if ever do.
    - 2 Gemini CDJ 700 - DJM 750 -

https://soundcloud.com/alfredclayton