Denon MC3000 speaker problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Denon MC3000 speaker problem.

Hi everyone,

Im new to Djing and have just bought a dc3000. I have PC speakers that I am trying to use. I have plugged the RCA cables into the rear of the speakers and attached the other end into the un-balanced output of the controller. However, I only get sound from my headphones? I have the audio settings on Traktor correct aswell.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post a printscreen of your audio settings in traktor (input, output routing).
    The obvious stuff:
    - make sure the "master level" knob on the controller is up
    - faders are up on controller and in Traktor/LEDs showing a good signal
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply.

Master knob on controller is up also all faders and working on Traktor. The weird thing is when I plug my headphones in I get the sound that i want to be coming from my speakers and then when I proceed to press the cue button the song gets louder in my headphones with the humming sound in the speakers.Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 12.41.44 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2014-03-24 at 12.41.53 pm.jpg

If the MC3000 is like my MC6000, then the outputs are labeled the wrong way round. Outputs 1 and 2 are the headphone output, outputs 3 and 4 are the main output. Try swapping them round in the output routing and see if that solves the problem.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Just tried that and still no luck. I only get the main output into my headphones and not my speakers.

Do you get any sound out of your speakers at all?? Even when you turn the cue volume up and press one of the cue buttons?? What position is the cue mix knob in??

Sounds like an obvious question, but your speakers definitely work ok??
    Last edited by robdquick; 03-25-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Convert

No sound from my speakers only the unbalanced humming sound. Ive tried messing with all the knobs possible and still no luck.

Yes my speakers work fine when I plug them into my computer.

Did you try making sure the cue volume was turned up, and cue/mix knob set to mix, and then cue a channel?? I'm only asking because you should be getting some sort of sound out of them, regardless of how it's set up (unless there's an actual fault with the unit).

The buzzing/humming sound bothers me though. How exactly are you connecting the speakers to the MC3000?? Using the RCA connectors or the unbalanced connectors?? Could you plug a set of headphones into one of the balanced outputs and see if you get anything then?? (Sound will only come out of 1 side of your headphones).

Are you getting the correct output on your headphones now?? The cue channel??

Also, is the master volume knob turned up in Traktor??

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Convert

okay, cue volume is up and set to mix.

I'm using RCA cables from the back of my speakers into the unbalanced master input on my MC3000.

Also when plugging my headphones in directly to the back of the MC3000 into the 'left' balanced master I get sound through both sides of my headphones?

Its just like Im getting the master output through my headphones rather than my speakers. I would've thought if there is a problem with the RCA cables from my speakers to the MC3000 wouldn't I get no sound at all rather than getting the master through my headphones?

Thanks

Tech Mentor

Ok, this may sound patronising, so apologies in advance.

You've already said your speakers work when plugged in to your computer. .....so again, this probably won't be the case.

Are these speakers "powered"? (Do they have an amp in them?). If they're regular speakers with no amp (either internally or a separate power amp), they're not gonna work.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast