CDJ 900N or 2000N? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I feel like someone asked this exact question a couple of days ago......

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    I feel like someone asked this exact question a couple of days ago......
    Nobody asks the same questions here you must be mistaken

Tech Wizard

I would go with the regular cdj 2000's over the 900nexus depending on how you are going to play. If you want to use Traktor, the 900n are not supported. Also, 2000n over the 2000's have the beat sync function, the slip mode, x-pad, and a few other smaller features that don't really differentiate the two for me personally.
    Last edited by Grav0T; 05-06-2014 at 12:27 PM.

I gotta say, I'm really happy with my CDJ-900nexuses... The main difference between the 900nxs and 2000nxs is the hot cues, needle search and SD card support. These are really non-issues for me. The screen on the 900nxs is fantastic, it definitely doesn't suffer because it's not tilted.
    Yes, there is currently no HID support for Traktor, but I have a feeling that Native Instruments will support it soon. There's still about a $400-$800 difference between the 900nxs and 2000nxs, and the difference in features doesn't justify that cost difference in my opinion. The 900nxs is a really high quality player.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckgravy View Post
    I gotta say, I'm really happy with my CDJ-900nexuses... The main difference between the 900nxs and 2000nxs is the hot cues, needle search and SD card support. These are really non-issues for me. The screen on the 900nxs is fantastic, it definitely doesn't suffer because it's not tilted.
    Yes, there is currently no HID support for Traktor, but I have a feeling that Native Instruments will support it soon. There's still about a $400-$800 difference between the 900nxs and 2000nxs, and the difference in features doesn't justify that cost difference in my opinion. The 900nxs is a really high quality player.
    I have them too, but from what I have read and seen, either NI is being told by Pioneer to hold off on the support to hold an edge for the 2000's, or they are never going to release the upgrade for it.

Either way, from what I see on NI's forums, they aren't too motivated to release an update for this anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grav0T View Post
    I have them too, but from what I have read and seen, either NI is being told by Pioneer to hold off on the support to hold an edge for the 2000's, or they are never going to release the upgrade for it.

Either way, from what I see on NI's forums, they aren't too motivated to release an update for this anytime soon.
    I kinda doubt that. Advanced HID is supported on the 900. Granted the similarities between the 900nxs and 2000nxs are greater than the non-nexus version, but I still think that there's enough differentiation that they're not going to hold it out as a 2000 exclusive feature. Plus, Pioneer is definitely advertising the HID capability on the 900nxs, so they're going to have a lot of angry customers if NI doesn't implement it. My guess it that Traktor 2.7 will add support for the 900nxs... if memory serves, 2.6 was when the CDJ-2000nxs first got traktor HID support and NI made a big deal out of that feature on their website.

I think Pioneer knows that the 2000 will remain popular with clubs and pros due to build quality, hot cues or other features. The 900 seems pretty solidly aimed at people coming from controller DJing who are looking to break into CDJs, and actively discouraging NI from adding HID integration just seems like a dumb business decision. The ball is in NI's court.

Tech Guru

I just got a CDJ2000, so awesome. I can't really comment on the others since I haven't used them except for a CDJ1000 MK3.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Student

2000's all the way!

I've never played on either versions of the 900s, but I have had in my time (albeit briefly) a 2000 and a 2000Nexus. The 2000(mk1s) are gorgeous, and whenever I play in a club I'm reminded just how much I love the feel of them. What surprised me when I had my Nexus deck was if felt even nicer than the 2000 (I couldn't say for sure why - just the feel of the jogwheel seemed even nicer). The wave forms were a nie feature but tbh I used more the browse screen, and really wished I coulda got a 2nd one to link together/use the traffic light key search and things.

Alas, last year I lost loads on an event I did and had to sell all my gear, and since then I've been replacing bits here and there as much as I can. At the mo I've got a mk2 1000 and a mk3 1000 and looking to sell them on to hopefully get new decks soon and been looking online as to which to go for (2000s, 900s etc). Then in recent days I've been working with my version of Mixvibes cross. Hadn't used it in a while as had my head busy on many other things and though upgraded to 3.0 (with the incorporated video features) didn't have time to really look at it. I got Cross initially to try and work with Rekordbox as it had a (one way) sync with RB in version 2.6. It worked ok, but I had a few niggles and kinda drifted back to Traktor when I did gigs with lots of requests/best suited to using a laptop.

However this weekend I thought I'd look at it more as there was an update for 3.1. Have to say I had so much fun playing with the video, but more importantly I saw it as a good way for a home system to 'emulate' 2000/900 Nexus for home practice and set prepping (it has a blue wave, slipmode option, and tbh editing the beatgrids in Cross is much easier than in Rekordbox) and I'm now seriously considering getting a pair of new CDJ 850s, using them in HID with Cross (and outputing to Rekordbox for when I have gigs/sets more suited to a simple USB). All I'm 'lacking' with that setup is then hotcue buttons, but I'm looking to map a midi device to have to emulate those (might use my Maschine and get a small midi device for later on).

So, sorry thats a long winded post but, yeh, I think if anyones struggling for funds for 900s/2000s/Nexus a combo of Cross/850s/midi device might be worth a look if you already have a decent laptop. but if you can afford more, would also say def go for whichEver of the 900s/2000s you can afford/prefer to suit your style of playing.

On a side note, now I'm looking seriously at 850s, does anyone think they might have a nexus version of those coming anytime soon ?
    Last edited by Jane; 05-19-2014 at 03:28 AM.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Doesn't bother me a bit. It's a beautiful looking screen.
    They do look so nice - did I read correctly the 900Nexus screen is a bit more hi-res than the 2000Nexus ?
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast