CDJ 900N or 2000N? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

It has the same resolution screen as the 2000Nexus; the press release also said the 900N "inherited" the old display.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    It has the same resolution screen as the 2000Nexus; the press release also said the 900N "inherited" the old display.
    Pioneer press releases claim the 900NXS has Pioneer's "highest resolution screen yet" and I have to say,
    I think the 900 screen looks a bit clearer than the 2000's. But I don't have too much experience with the 2000s. Also part of the 900's screen is cut off because of the button labels, not that it really affects usability.

Tech Convert

Anyone have any technical issues with either the 2000 or 900 nexus?

Tech Mentor

When the 2000nexus came out people were fussing alot(freezing and such), but it seems that these issues have been worked out. I have never seen a 2000nexus freak out in a club yet. Use them prob once a week or so and they have been solid for me. The 900nexus being new and all, I would definitely worry. Also doesn't seem that people are really buying them yet or caring. If they don't sell, plan on Pioneer's support to be very shotty(like 850s). Also no HID yet if that matters to you.

On a side note, can anybody comment on the build quality of 900n vs 2000n?
    Last edited by Chris Macom; 06-12-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Macom View Post
    When the 2000nexus came out people were fussing alot(freezing and such), but it seems that these issues have been worked out. I have never seen a 2000nexus freak out in a club yet. Use them prob once a week or so and they have been solid for me. The 900nexus being new and all, I would definitely worry. Also doesn't seem that people are really buying them yet or caring. If they don't sell, plan on Pioneer's support to be very shotty(like 850s). Also no HID yet if that matters to you.

On a side note, can anybody comment on the build quality of 900n vs 2000n?
    I own the 900NXSes, and I think they're fantastic. Use them regularly and they've never frozen or failed on me. No HID yet, though they do have HID support for Serato DJ (though you have to use it with an authorized Serato device...). Hopefully Traktor HID is coming soon enough.
    Build quality is solid. It feels a bit cheaper than the 2000nxs for sure, but not too noticeably so. Jog wheel is not adjustable, and there's a bit more matte plastic on the unit. But it feels solid. I think they've kept the build very much in line with the 900 vs 2000, the only major difference being the changes in the screen and the addition of a few more buttons. I haven't used the 2000nxs nearly as much but that's the impression I got.

Tech Guru

Traktors taking so long on the HID implementation of this!

If it takes long with NI I fear it's never gonna happen, see CDJ850 HID or DB4 Scratch Certification etc.

Tech Guru

Different beasts I think just takes time

i think the 900nxs are a really solid investment. personally i do think they feel a bit cheaper than the 2000s but aye its a "lower tier" product.... but still its flipping phinominal! that screen is just butter babe, and even though it doesnt have hot cues it has some other cool features instead! it has those nifty beat slice/roll buttons and boy can i tell you! they are dummy fun!! i wish the 2000's had em but at the same time i love the hot cues.... but if you arent necessarily keen on using hot cues 900nxs are super dope and definitely worth every penny.... yeah you dont have the sd card option but you dont need to worry about anyone ripping out your usb stick at your house, so i think you're straight...

Tech Guru

Just got my CDJ900NXS. I think it feels great!

I wish you could adjust the jog, but I really like the feel of the platter over the 2000 (not nexus).
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast