CDJ 900N or 2000N?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default CDJ 900N or 2000N?

Hey all! I'm looking to get either the 900N or 2000N soon. I have read the differences between them but I'm looking to get feedback from anyone who has actually used them. Which do you prefer? Is it really with the extra money for the 2000? Thanks in advance!

Schalenberg

Do you use hot cues? If so, go with the 2000s. Do you need the needle search? Go with the 2000. Otherwise, go with the 900s.

Tech Convert

the non-tilted screen has always bothered me. wish i could see the 900n in person so i can decide whether it be a deal-breaker or not.

nudedude whats your take on the flat screen?

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by kromobe View Post
    nudedude whats your take on the flat screen?
    Doesn't bother me a bit. It's a beautiful looking screen.

Tech Convert

I user to have 2000n's - thought I did not like them enough, sold them, had sellers remorse and now have the 900n's.

As I never used the hot cue feature I couldn't justify the need for the 2000n's now the 900n is available with a very good screen. Fact that it is not tilted is not noticed when using the players.

For me none of the differences are big ones. Only feature I sometimes miss is the ribbon for super fast skipping through a track. But not big enough a difference to justify the 2000n's price premium.

So unless you really need hotcues, the 900N is highly recommended.

HTH

Tech Mentor

I got the CDJ900 mk1's ages ago, because with Traktor/Serato HID they perform as good/better than 2000's, look almost identical to 2000's and cost less than 2000's.

Yeah I love the tilted screen, I know it's not a big deal at all but a flat CDJ looks wack as hell unless it's a good ol' CDJ1000 Makes me wonder why they don't finally make the screen angle adjustable on all units, have it tilted or flat or anything inbetween, whatever floats your boat.

But other than that, it's probably a solid deck, except it doesn't have HID yet
    I'd cater to the 900 or 2000 MK1 Models, these are solid. I've heard people complaining about the new CDJ2000Nexus on the pioneer Forums, reports about the Decks lockig up, music stopping, drifting sync and loops. Keep in mind the CDJ900Nexus was just released and might have similiar issues. Looking at the huge pricetag, the best move would be just to wait till pioneer fixes it's firmware or just get the mk1 Models imo

But I highly encourage you to do your own research before you drop so much cash on any product

Tech Guru

Can you use the 900s with Traktor yet full HID support, I haven't seen anything?

2000s cuz hotcues.

Why would they get rid of the hotcues??? That stupid...unless you pickup a DDT-sp1... I'm currently debating a CDJ setup so I can DJ without a laptop. Not sure I would drop $1400 on one though.
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    Why would they get rid of the hotcues??? That stupid...unless you pickup a DDT-sp1... I'm currently debating a CDJ setup so I can DJ without a laptop. Not sure I would drop $1400 on one though.
    The hot-cues have only ever been on the flagship 1000/2000 models. I guess (along with going back to a flat screen on the 900nexus) it's all in the name of product differentiation.

It was a large factor in me deciding to trade in my CDJ900s for SC2900s.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast