traktor / djm 900 channel swapping ???

Default traktor / djm 900 channel swapping ???

Hi,

Using TSP 2.6.5, macbook pro and pioneer djm 900 mixer (traktor in external mixing mode)

all was fine up until lately, but the last few gigs, when i connect to the 900 via usb, deck B is on channel 4 of the 900, instead of channel 2. I haven't changed anything i don't think.
    Deck A is still on channel A, but i think C and D are also mixed up.

Any ideas on what this could be to get it so that deck A=channel 1, deck B= channel 2 etc etc?

Thanks

Tom

Tech Mentor

did you look at your audio outputs in Traktor?

do you have your channels set right on the 900? (not sure if you can change that, i could in my Denon)
    Done DJ'ing

yes i think its something to do with the output routing in traitors prefs. i can't check it as i only use the mixer at clubs. just about to use one again tonight in a couple of hours.

Do you know what the output routing is meant to be? my guess is

Deck A - 1/2 (or 0/1)
    Deck B - 3/4 (or 2/3)
    Deck C - 5/6 (or 4/5)
    Deck D - 7/8 (or 6/7)

Not sure if its that or the ones in the brackets?

Tech Mentor

channel 1= 1/2
    Channel 2= 3/4
    channel 3= 5/6
    channel 4= 7/8

That would give you deck a on channel 1, deck b on channel 2, etc...
    Done DJ'ing

Tech Guru

The reason i assume deck B is on channel 4 is because someone using that mixer before you has been using turntables and using the DJM900 settings utility reroute things...just check your settings
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

Didn't pioneer used to have a video explaining this in detail? Also, I remember that windows and mac count the channels different. I think windows starts at 0 and mac at 1, or vice versa..
    Can you change the routing internally with a djm 900 like you can with a db2/4?

Or you can simply change the output channel setting in traktor on the fly.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    The reason i assume deck B is on channel 4 is because someone using that mixer before you has been using turntables and using the DJM900 settings utility reroute things...just check your settings
    The DJM utility does not affect Traktor's routing, since it only affects what gets sent to the 4 upstream USB channels (Phono/Line/Digital inputs)

Quote Originally Posted by Thijs View Post
    Didn't pioneer used to have a video explaining this in detail? Also, I remember that windows and mac count the channels different. I think windows starts at 0 and mac at 1, or vice versa..
    Can you change the routing internally with a djm 900 like you can with a db2/4?

Or you can simply change the output channel setting in traktor on the fly.
    You can't change routing internally with the DJM, but you can send Traktor's decks to any channel using the Traktor Output Routing. There is no "correct" way, only personal preference.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

yeah i think the way to change it is in traitors output prefs when connected to the 900. I think i've changed something a few weeks ago when i was playing time code vinyl. That rings a bell to be honest.

I think on mac it goes A = 0/1 B = 2/3 etc etc

I looked at it after 5 mins of my gig on saturday night, but i didn't wanna change anything while i was live. i'll try and get into a dj store and hook into a 900 there and check that way.

cheers guys