Okay, so I want to start making electronic music, like songs and what not. I would also like to preform live sets too with live mixing, editing, sampling, and djing, but that is a little way down the road for right now. For now, I just want to be able to create recorded songs with what I have.

I had a mircoKorg that goes into a Korg Kaossilator Pro+, which goes into a Behringer Ultrabass BXL450 45W 1x10" Bass Combo. Obviously this is nothing special. The Kaossilator is new to me so I'm still figuring out exactly what I can do with it. I have all of this going out the Behringer just as an in-home/bedroom practice/jam set up.

I'm almost certainly going to get a KP3+ for my next piece of gear, I really like the sampling, looping, and dynamic effects. If I were to get a KP3+, I would plug my Kaossilator Pro+ into it and have the output from the KP3+ going into my Behringer. Just to be clear, it would be microKORG MIDI into Kaossilator pro+ RCA into KP3+ with a standard 1/4 inch into my Behringer.

I have some experience with Logic Pro 9, not the new Logic X. I've heard a lot about Ableton so I'm now trying that out. So far it doesn't seem quite as straightforward as Logic, but there is clearly much more capability for live/jam playing, mixing, and editing.

So heres my question, how can I put all this stuff together? Do I need a mixer or some unit to act as the motherboard or master clock for the temp and such of everything? Can I plug my whole KORG chain into my laptop and use ableton as the mixer with the KORGs as one track and have other tracks for samples and stuff in Ableton. I saw a guy online who's set up is synths>mixer>kpro>mpc (input thru)>kpad>interface and it seems to be very efficient. I would pretty much like something like that but be able to have ableton in there, even have it replace the MPC if possible.

Any thoughts, input or help is much appreciated, feel free to ask questions cuz I'm sure I didn't make the most sense