Pioneer xdj-r1??
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Pioneer xdj-r1??

I never heard of this "controller" up until someone in a thread here mentioned it and uploaded some photos. In case you haven't seen them, here they are:
    2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

So it seems pioneer has gone the all-in-one route that numark and gemini have taken quite some time ago,
    But i'm just wondering.
    Is there a niche market for pioneer that's big enough to justify such a product? I understand it's rekordbox compatible and everything, but at probably the price of 2 cdj400 and a little mixer, will this market be big enough for pioneer to make a profit?

Also, do you guys think that since this thing is probably based off cdj400s, it will support HID in traktor?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

I'm intruiged by this - does anyone know when it may be officially mentioned/released as am tempted to get an AERO but the hotcues on this are making me hold off?
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    I'm intruiged by this - does anyone know when it may be officially mentioned/released as am tempted to get an AERO but the hotcues on this are making me hold off?
    There was a thread on the pio forum that was quickly shut down with the reason "6) No product rumors. At all. This is an official Pioneer site, you will hear about it from us first."

this was march 1st.
    Given the state of the hardware in the pics, i'd say they have already finished preproduction and are starting to mass produce them. Say, couple months till the announcement?

EDIT: here's the thread: http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/23049511-XDJ-R1-
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Cheers Polygon and yep I'd seen that thread as it was happening and also really excited about it (but then alls been super quiet until the recent leaked photos)

Was a bit of clever marketing (or a bit of a blooper) mentioning the R1 in their Rekorbox PDF manual. Never thought they;d also include the CD players underneath so it's a really exciting bit of kit I think, lots of practical possibles and also those hotcues are a really good addition.

Am still really tempted by an AERO (just as sadly am having to downsize severly as moving to a much smaller flat - so all my recent luvly gear I've only just bought am now selling but want to keep with Pioneer so the AERO would be great but this could be even better - just need to know when it'll be coming out and tech specs etc)

But if there's a SEND/RETURN on there am sold on this as then I'd be able to use my RMX 1000. Please tell us soon Pioneer people
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Mentor

xdj-r1 seems the perfect all in one home solution for people who want to be prepared for CDJ's at clubs. If it lets you prepare and play songs from USB and CD (with rekordbox compatibility) I can see it being very popular for people without the space / money for a home CDJ setup.

Tech Guru

It won't cost as much as 2 CDJ400s+mixer, and I seriously doubt it will have HID support.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Looks nice. A lot like Gemini's all in one.

Still, it will probably cost around 1k...
    I'd honestly rather go for this, at that price, because i don't care about rekordbox support.. http://geminisound.com/product/cdmp-...ia-workstation

Tech Guru

Would you rather have the G4V than your DDJ SX too?
    http://geminisound.com/product/g4v
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Would you rather have the G4V than your DDJ SX too?
    http://geminisound.com/product/g4v
    Not at all. I would hate the pads being up there, mainly for the fact that i could hit the pitch fader while using them...

I find the pads on the SX just in the perfect position and of the perfect size.. Also, being that they're near the play/cue buttons, you can perform some pretty cool actions singlehandedly.
    Last edited by Polygon; 05-07-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast