S4 ABCD deck layout mapping

Exclamation S4 ABCD deck layout mapping

Hey guys new to the forum so I hope this isn't repetitive.. Been having trouble with the b volume fader on my s4 (common I know) and don't really have the cash to burn on repairing it at this point... Seemed to me the solution would be to change the mixer layout from the stock C-A-B-D to an A-B-C-D layout. So far it seems to work a lot better for me having my track decks on the left and the remix decks on the right. I successfully mapped the ins and outs for the 4 decks so all the eq, gain,filter, fx, volume fader, and level meters all work properly... For the life of me I can't figure out what the "out" is for the deck that is currently selected. I realize it will light up as c and will be a but that is ok for sure.. I just would like it to visually light up the decks that are selected. I hope I explained what I'm trying to accomplish well enough. The other mapping I haven't figured out yet is how make it work like it used to when you open the browser it would flash the cue button on available decks and you could press the cue button to load that deck.. Any and all help would be appreciated... Thanks a bunch!!

The other mapping I haven't figured out yet is how make it work like it used to when you open the browser it would flash the cue button on available decks and you could press the cue button to load that deck.
    Not possible, that's a feature/layer of the s4 that is hard coded in the firmware, you can't have it mapped that way with the tools at your disposal (ie you could have buttons lit to show they're empty and have commands to load a track within browser mode but no solution to have a blinking led that doesn't depend on a sound/volume coming trough).

As for the layout can't you just use the audio routing open options (preferences/audio set-up/-> routing) so you organize your channels to how you see fit? at least to make an ACDB layout?

Otherwise you can just use a modifier to lit abcd displays.
    Last edited by Yul; 03-30-2014 at 03:10 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Thanks again for the help... I think I'm gonna keep it the way it is for now... Untill I upgrade to the mk2 or if money provodes... A pair of cdj2000's!!