Dual Maschine Mikro?
    Tech Wizard

Default Dual Maschine Mikro?

I've been snapping up Maschine (classic, RGB LEDs would look weird with the rest of my setup) stuff on craigslist over the past few weeks. I now have a Maschine and 2 Maschine Mikros. I can use the Maschine and either Mikro just fine, it's really awesome to be able to glide across groups like that, not to mention that as an old pianist, I feel more comfortable seeing lots of note actuators. But two Maschine Mikros (with or without the Mashcine as well) simply won't work for me.

The devices are fine according to the OS and Maschine 2.0 sees both controllers' MIDI I/O in the menus, but one of the Mikros always ends up freezing (all pads/buttons half-lit, screen keeps whatever image was on it, doesn't output any signals, and nothing makes it change until I unplug it and plug it back in, at which point the other Mikro freezes) while the other one works fine (I can scroll through templates and even wrestle control from the Maschine).

Now that I think about it, I've seen Maschine and Mikro a bunch, Mashcine and Maschine a few times, but never Mikro and Mikro. I just assumed it was possible--does anyone know if it is? Can anybody get their hands on the hardware and try and see if it's just my computer/controllers wiggin' out?

You can run multiple instances of the Maschine VST plugin. It sounds like this would be a good idea for you. This is how I use all of my Maschine hardware at once.

Tech Wizard

I don't think multiple VST's would help. No matter what I do, 1 Mikro is always unresponsive, so I can't assign a controller to an instance.

Definitely call technical support.

Tech Wizard

Tech support ended up being useless--they say yes it's supposed tp be possible and specifically called for in the spec,. They hefted all the blame onto my computer's device resolution and told me to buy an MK2 so they all show up as different devices so my computer doesn't get confused.

What.