MPD "ABCD" bank style switching on Midi Fighter Spectra in Ableton Drum Rack

Default MPD "ABCD" bank style switching on Midi Fighter Spectra in Ableton Drum Rack

Heyo,

So the title says it all. I've played on an MPD24 to play a drum ruck in ableton live. Since the drum rack holds much more than just 16 samples, i was able to use the "A" "B" "C" "D" buttons on the mpd to automatically move up and down by four spaces on the drum rack so i can load a ton of samples into that one drum rack and go from "bank" to "bank" with ease. Im looking at a midi fighter spectra as my main new midi controller but i want to make sure that it has a similar function to this. I know it has the 6 side buttons, but reading through the user guide hasn't answered my questions here about what exactly they do.

Any insight would be appreciated! The sooner i find out the sooner i can order my midi fighter!

If anything is not clear then just lemme know what's unclear.

Thanks!

-Aaron

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Handled via Live Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Handled via Live Chat.
    Any posibility the dialog can be posted here? Would make the community a lot more helpful for everyone to see it.

being as how there are always multiple ways to do things in Live, I always like reading about the path others take to get to the same place.

OP, kind of sounds like what I was trying to do here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=80301

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Padi, One of support videos should be covering scenarios like this one.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Noted Stewie

@William The answer was simply that you can use the Spectra's side buttons to navigate each of the 4 banks it has to offer, since it maps automatically to drum racks it will start at C1 and go up 64 buttons. I'll make a video about it next week.
    What you were trying to do is different tho since you want to load multiple pre loaded drum racks, instead of building one that covers 4 pages.

Thanks padi!