Remove unwanted noise from a USB mixer recording with CDJS

Default Remove unwanted noise from a USB mixer recording with CDJS

Hello there

I am desperate for some help with my mix recordings! My setup is a pair of Numark NDX400s with a PS3 Gemini USB Mixer, and Wharfedale Pro studio monitors. When I try record a mix using Audacity, I get this strange interference noise when I play the mix back. I have inserted a link to a song played through my CDJS on a loop, where due to the 'space' involved in the tune the sound is more prominent. I was wondering if any knowledgeable characters could pinpoint the problem and try eliminate it. I am wondering if there is anything that needs earthing or a cable problem of some sort. Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you hear this noise through your speakers, or just in the recording? If it is just in the recording, try a different software.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

if it's part of the recording you could take the noise signature with noise reduction plugins and have it do it's magic on this file. Not sure how good Audacity is at this but Audition does a pretty decent job.

I'd say get Audition and then watch the official tutorial on how to use it to clean up recordings.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-clo.../audition.html