Please Help with Set Up!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default Please Help with Set Up!

    Aaargh! I'm getting frustrated!

    I just purchased a Presonus FireBox and have had all sorts of issues trying to connect it to the rest of my gear.

    Weird things are happening in Traktor, such as the sound playing even when all volumes are set to zero. Also, the xSession just isn't working properly and the computer has frozen a couple times.

    The Gear:

    MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz
    4 gigs of ram
    OSX 10

    Presonus FireBox

    Two M-Audion BX5a Studio Monitors
    Traktor 3.3

    Sony MDR-V700 headphones

    -------------------------------
    What I've done..

    connected xSession to Mac USB port
    connected FireBox to Firewire Port
    FireBox plugged in with power supply
    headphones connected to FireBox headphone input
    installed Fatlimey's tks files

    ----------------------------------

    RESULTS

    Both speakers work (yay!)
    xSession cross fader works on only one channel.
    xSession cross fader seems, "soft"

    Please see attachments in subsequent posts.

  2. #2
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default More images

    Here are more screenshots

    Midi Interface

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Sound card Preferences..

    I hope that's enough to get some help.

    Thank you!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-15-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Removing attachment to reupload

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default

    One More... Midi Set Up

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I guess I should take this to the Native instruments forum.
    I'm going to be playing at a Design Lounge event and desperation is setting in from not having properly configured gear.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.

  6. #6
    DJTT Ninja Mod tekki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Afterhour Ali's lap
    Posts
    11,004

    Default

    Strange... It sounds like you're getting sound from your Cue signals over your speakers?

    Can it be that you somehow mixed the outs for your speakers with that of your headset?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

  7. #7
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Hmm your issue with the cues always being on could be the cue mix is set wrong, try fiddling with the little black knobs on the top left corner. I cant remember which is which, have been using 1.3 for to long now.

    I had the same issue with traktor + vci stalling on friday night when using the firebox on kaons laptop for the first time. Traktor would freeze every hr or so and only a reboot would fix it.

    What firebox drivers are you using? We realised we had 1.2 installed, when the latest is 2.4 or somtin like that, + it comes with a firmware upgrade.

    Im hoping that fixes our problem, we have our first big gig on friday!

  8. #8
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Strange... It sounds like you're getting sound from your Cue signals over your speakers?

    Can it be that you somehow mixed the outs for your speakers with that of your headset?
    Hi Tekki,

    It's very possible that something is mixed up in the settings which are exactly as shown in the images. The speakers are connected to the firebox as depicted in this image.

    The xSession is connected to the computer's USB port.
    I suspect my problem is not understanding midi mapping and once I can figure that out, things will begin to fall into place. Is there a midi learning school? (midi learn...)

    Anyhow, it's all trial and error at this point and I'm hoping to learn with the xSession before I move on to the VCI 100.

  9. #9
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hmm your issue with the cues always being on could be the cue mix is set wrong, try fiddling with the little black knobs on the top left corner. I cant remember which is which, have been using 1.3 for to long now.

    I had the same issue with traktor + vci stalling on friday night when using the firebox on kaons laptop for the first time. Traktor would freeze every hr or so and only a reboot would fix it.

    What firebox drivers are you using? We realised we had 1.2 installed, when the latest is 2.4 or somtin like that, + it comes with a firmware upgrade.

    Im hoping that fixes our problem, we have our first big gig on friday!
    Hmmm... you might be on to something...The driver that shipped with the Firebox is 1.0, however, I thought drivers were not required for Macs.
    The instructions for the Firebox are minimal at best.
    I shall download the latest drivers ASAP.

    Good luck with the big gig on Friday. Yikes, it's no good if the Firebox keeps freezing! It sounds stressful. I hope your problem gets resolved before then.

  10. #10
    DJTT Ninja Mod tekki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Afterhour Ali's lap
    Posts
    11,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Hi Tekki,

    It's very possible that something is mixed up in the settings which are exactly as shown in the images. The speakers are connected to the firebox as depicted in this image.

    The xSession is connected to the computer's USB port.
    I suspect my problem is not understanding midi mapping and once I can figure that out, things will begin to fall into place. Is there a midi learning school? (midi learn...)

    Anyhow, it's all trial and error at this point and I'm hoping to learn with the xSession before I move on to the VCI 100.

    Well, with the cue settings I cannot help that much, only that the buttons and knobs need to be sorted properly before operating traktor.

    You might want to take a look at Fatlimeys tks. Maybe he's done some all out settings, that flick certain speaker and cue settings?
    Maybe ask him if he knows?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •