Mr. Deadmau5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Deadmau5

Tech Wizard

Default Mr. Deadmau5

I dont know about you guys, but is this guy a legend or a big A-Hole? His set last night at Ultra was pretty epic but did he take it too far or should we admire his guts? Tiesto thought he wasn't funny on Twitter lol, thoughts on his remix of Martin Garrix's- Animals?

Tech Mentor

I don't know what does he want, but sometimes he tries too hard at trolling, I think. While he says he's sick of mainstream EDM, his new stuff is sometimes very much the same (4x4=12 was very mainstream, and the last album at least had some cool tunes). The thing with Animals and Levels was unnecessary. If you go to see Deadmau5, last thing expecting is to hear Animals, which was funny, but to me, it didn't feel genuine. And Levels, I don't know if that was homage or spoofing, and if it's the latter, that would be totally unnecessary, I mean, he was filling in for Avicii, so that would've been very disrespectful. However, I still like deadmau5 a lot and I enjoyed a lot the rest of the set, and I'm totally looking forward to hearing his new album!

Tech Wizard

I think everyone needs to quit crying and putting him on a pedestal. Been following him since his halcyon days and love his music and it is pretty ridiculous how butthurt people are about his style. He's great and all, but just another player in the big electronic scene. And his set last night was pretty ordinary, I expected a lot more. Maybe it was because they got him last minute.

Tech Wizard

Honestly, the man has a sense of humor that is often misunderstood. He's having fun, and it's not really hurting anyone. Everyone is always complaining of the current status of edm, and he just poked some fun at it.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

I used to hate on him but he has grown on my like mould on cheese!

I love his trolling and the way he knocks everyone down a few pegs!

Awesome laugh everytime he pulls a stunt.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

the guy just acts like a bad internet troll. annoying. i'm not a fan of cookie cutter EDM either, but his own music is far from amazing. pretty generic actually.

Not keen on his music particularly, The guy does what he wants to do and I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

I think the only track I own of his is the Kolombo mix of "Sex Slave"

I follow artists based on their music and his doesn't appeal to me. I don't quite get why he is a "heavy hitter". He poisoned the publics view of what a DJ does and sometimes I think he sets things back for dance music instead of pushing things forward. It took one of his idols (Dave Clarke) to slow him down.

But as far as his tracks go? meh...

I'm looking for good tunes to play. Not a role model.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I think the only track I own of his is the Kolombo mix of "Sex Slave"

I follow artists based on their music and his doesn't appeal to me. I don't quite get why he is a "heavy hitter". He poisoned the publics view of what a DJ does and sometimes I think he sets things back for dance music instead of pushing things forward. It took one of his idols (Dave Clarke) to slow him down.

But as far as his tracks go? meh...

I'm looking for good tunes to play. Not a role model.
    I'm with ya

he's got ball and speaks his mind. He also doesn't follow the trend like all these other jellyfish. The new sound is Garrix .. there goes Guetta banging bells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast