:-O Best Multi-touch interface I've seen - WOW!

Default :-O Best Multi-touch interface I've seen - WOW!

:eek: <---- Click my jaw dropped expression!

The first videos a bit like, what? ... but scroll down to the 'low frequency entity' one.
    Watch it.
    Read the blurb about it.
    Then watch it again!

I want.

A lot of it seems like semirandom noodling, until I saw the movie on the "Beat Navigator". Now that made sense as a performance device. I would definitely use that.

I'd be happier if he had a particular sound and idea he was trying to express with his controls rather than just randomly twatting buttons to create "interest". I guess much of that has to do with the pisspoor idea free IDM he's playing. How would you present this to the audience - play with your back to them? Ha!
    An over-the-sholder video feed to the VJ is essential if you're going to use visually entertaining setups. Another fixed expense!

Encouraging. Like to see it used to perform rather than sonically masturbate.

Tech Mentor

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey
    A lot of it seems like semirandom noodling...I'd be happier if he had a particular sound and idea he was trying to express with his controls rather than just randomly twatting buttons to create "interest"....Like to see it used to perform rather than sonically masturbate.

Did you have an opportunity to read the post, or only watch the video?

Quote Originally Posted by SubCycle
    Things are starting to sound more song-like and I can really appreciate that. In previous builds everything sounded more like an experiment or a demo. Now I have something more akin to an experimental song.

I am finding it more and more difficult to separate my music from what I am doing with the instrument. I guess they are going to be presented/performed together for now.

Sometime soon I would like to do a long series of remixes and see how how diverse I can these interpretations of a single song. It would be really cool to explode a song into hundreds of different non-linear interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Like to see it used to perform rather than sonically masturbate.
    Is that like putting your pecker in the hole in your subwoofer ? Lol, sorry couldnt help myself

Cool video though, but not really feasible as a mobile performance device sadly That said, all the work this guy is putting into this thing will really pay off when multi touch screen devices become part of a standard club installation (when the technology to make them more compact is around that is !).

Thanks for posting this

Pretty interesting solution to the multi-touch interface in the video on this site.

http://10gui.com/

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2