How to scratch in on Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default How to scratch in on Traktor?

    How do i scratch in on Traktor? Like when im readying up the next song scratch abit and drop it on the beat and wallah its beat matched with the other song? Ive seen it done on Serato with Cdj's but im on Traktor with a controller, i know you can do it on Virtual DJ But for some reason when a tracks playing in Traktor and you try to scratch that song it just either slows it down or speeds it up depending on which way you turned it, how do i change this so i can scratch in and manually beat match it ??

  2. #2
    Tech Guru ImNotDedYet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Pretty sure it depends on your controller and the Traktor mapping for your controller. What you're doing is nudging the song via your controller. So what controller are you using and what mapping?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post
    How do i scratch in on Traktor? Like when im readying up the next song scratch abit and drop it on the beat and wallah its beat matched with the other song? Ive seen it done on Serato with Cdj's but im on Traktor with a controller, i know you can do it on Virtual DJ But for some reason when a tracks playing in Traktor and you try to scratch that song it just either slows it down or speeds it up depending on which way you turned it, how do i change this so i can scratch in and manually beat match it ??
    sounds like you have your jogwheels set to "pitch bend".

    heres's an answer for you: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...toggle.135413/

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Pretty sure it depends on your controller and the Traktor mapping for your controller. What you're doing is nudging the song via your controller. So what controller are you using and what mapping?
    I have a hercules rmx and a basic mapping function.

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    sounds like you have your jogwheels set to "pitch bend".

    heres's an answer for you: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...toggle.135413/
    Do you know how i would change it to scratch mode rather that pitch bend? Seems about right. i have read the link you posted but is only instructions for S4. Would i change this under the controller mappings?

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Pressing on the top of the platter should issue the command "jog touch on". The turning of the jogwheel is simply the command "jog turn". This is all done in the controller manager inside Traktor. You can also check other mappings to see how they have everything mapped.

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    Pressing on the top of the platter should issue the command "jog touch on". The turning of the jogwheel is simply the command "jog turn". This is all done in the controller manager inside Traktor. You can also check other mappings to see how they have everything mapped.
    Yeah i understand that, just when i try to scratch while the song is playing it just activates pitch bend, how do i do it so it scratches while song is playing?

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    477

    Default

    How exactly do you have it mapped? The jog turn should be a CC and the touch should be a key for most controllers.

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    How exactly do you have it mapped? The jog turn should be a CC and the touch should be a key for most controllers.
    I just assigned the jog wheels as jog turn in the mapping controller, thats all. I dont know how its assigned to pitch bend :/

  10. #10
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    477

    Default

    You need to map jog touch on as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •