VST Delay With Feedback Tail?

Default VST Delay With Feedback Tail?

Hey all! I'm wondering if anybody knows of a VST delay plugin that will allow the feedback tail to continue to trail out until completion after the effect has been disengaged. I have had hardware pedals that did this...the Line 6 delay featured this. I'm working on an Ableton Effects Rack for live and studio use, and this would be clutch.

Right now I have 8 knobs mapped to Low Pass, High Pass, Low Pass with Delay, Delay, Reverb, Washout (Courtesy of Bass Kleph), Loop Mix and Loop Length. I have the delays set to turn off when the knob is turned fully left, but this cuts the wet signal completely. It would be great to have the option of letting the delay tail resolve on its own after the dry signal is no longer being fed into it.

I'm sure I could probably do this with some complicated routing or by using Plogue Bidule (if you haven't checked that out, its gnarly) as a plugin, but surely there must be a plugin out there that allows this.

Any suggestions?

I'm not that familiar with Live but you could set up the delay as an aux send rather than an insert? Then you could just kill the send and the bus with the delay on it can keep trailing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Live but you could set up the delay as an aux send rather than an insert? Then you could just kill the send and the bus with the delay on it can keep trailing off.
    That would work for the tails for sure, but it's not entirely the effect I'm going for. I want to be able to mix the delay to fully wet. The send would still leave the dry signal i the mix.

ReaDelay is very flexible - perhaps a couple of taps and a little automation?

Quote Originally Posted by ponk View Post
    ReaDelay is very flexible - perhaps a couple of taps and a little automation?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded the ReaPlugs bundle and will give ReaDelay a shot once the Mrs wakes up. The "enabled" box will hopefully be midi-mapable and do just what I need....let teh tails ring out but stop routing the dry signal through the effect.

Cheers for the suggestion. ReaDelay is nice indeed, but unfortunately it won't do what I need either. However, it dawned on me that I could achieve the delay tails I'm looking for by utilizing Ableton's chain selector in an audio effects rack. I just needed to set up two separate chains in a rack...one dry and one with the delay. Then map the chain selector to a knob and set the range. Problem solved.

Cheers

Hi,
    I think you can achieve this by using something like the free TAL-AUDIO Dub III plugin and just midi control the wet and dry mix independently (they are separate), so you can feed the delay with the dry knob and just cut it off and the tail will continue for as long as your feedback is set... If I understood the question correctly.

Tal-Dub III is indeed a great delay, but it it doesn't do what I need either. I have been able to achieve the effect by mapping the chain select. Basically, I want the audio input feeding into the effect to be bypassed instead of switching the effect off. That way the delay tail will continue until the feedback ends, while the dry signal input is no longer feeding int the input of the effect.

Fabfilter's Timeless 2 is great. It has independent dry and wet controls, so it can do what you're asking.