Flight Coffins [Recommend Brand]
    Tech Wizard

Default Flight Coffins [Recommend Brand]

Hey guys, I'm pretty new because I am just getting into DJing. Are there other brands besides Marathon and Odyssey that you guys know and trust?

Gator
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

I'd recommend not getting a coffin and getting individual cases. yeah, it might run you a little more money in the short term, but it will save you on back surgeries later in your life.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I'd recommend not getting a coffin and getting individual cases. yeah, it might run you a little more money in the short term, but it will save you on back surgeries later in your life.
    Fully back this one up. My mate has got a coffin for his CDJs and mixer and it's ridiculously heavy. I'm about to get some individual cases, not sure which ones yet but here in the UK, Swan are pretty much the industry standard.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

I use individual ROAD READY cases. I have a bunch of friends whom have coffins. None of them ever move their equipment. I've helped them move it, and it absolutely sucks.

I went with individual cases as it's a lot easier 1) to fit in my car 2) to move on my own 3) to setup in different configurations depending on the DJ's needs for the evening. It's much easier to move one turntable out of the way if someone is going to rock a controller than it is having to adjust a full coffin.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I use individual ROAD READY cases. I have a bunch of friends whom have coffins. None of them ever move their equipment. I've helped them move it, and it absolutely sucks.

I went with individual cases as it's a lot easier 1) to fit in my car 2) to move on my own 3) to setup in different configurations depending on the DJ's needs for the evening. It's much easier to move one turntable out of the way if someone is going to rock a controller than it is having to adjust a full coffin.
    This.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOakley View Post
    here in the UK, Swan are pretty much the industry standard.
    I've got a couple of swan cases for my SC2900's. Yes they cost me a bit, but they are light and strong, and the special sprung handles they do make a massive difference. They were 10% of the price of the CDJ's, which I think is an appropriate amount to invest on protecting £700 CDJ's!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

I am actually going to go with the Pelican 1600's. I say a post on ebay where Aoki was using them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CDJ-2000ne...item1e89bbef1d

They cost around $156 each on amazon, but they'll last forever and they'll keep my equipment safe.